Is this steering effect normal?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Is this steering effect normal? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I just bought a 2008 STS-V and the steering seems odd. After steering in a sharp turn at low speeds ...
    hiltonny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Is this steering effect normal?

I just bought a 2008 STS-V and the steering seems odd. After steering in a sharp turn at low speeds like 25-35 mph the steering wheel doesn't return when I let it, the car continues in the turn. It feels as if the car has variable ratio steering where the ratio increases the more the wheel is turned and after a certain degree of steering wheel turn it becomes neutral there. There was a long sweeper off an expressway today where the car stayed on the curve without any input. Straight line driving is fine. Is this normal or does it need an alignment?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Is this steering effect normal?

hiltonny,
    Congratulations on your new STS-V! Do you think you'll be getting this steering oddity evaluated to see if it is a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle? Let us know if you decide to work with a dealership as we're available to assist however we can.
    Sarah, Cadillac Customer Service

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have had a minor intermittent issue with mine since I've owned it too. I have had it to 2 different dealers at least 8 times and nothing has ever been found wrong. Go figure now that my extended warranty is up I'm sure the dealer will want to replace the steering rack.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I've not noticed what you're talking about unless it's a banked turn. Doesn't sound quite right from your description.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    I have had a minor intermittent issue with mine since I've owned it too. I have had it to 2 different dealers at least 8 times and nothing has ever been found wrong. Go figure now that my extended warranty is up I'm sure the dealer will want to replace the steering rack.
    Keep us posted if you take your vehicle to the dealership. We will be happy to assist with any questions or concerns!

Thank you,
    Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

----------

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    Keep us posted if you take your vehicle to the dealership. We will be happy to assist with any questions or concerns!

Thank you,
    Caron, Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.