Just bought an '08 STS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Just bought an '08 STS-V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm 23 so I'm not exactly in the prime age of most Cadillac enthusiasts, so I have to come here ...
    twitt11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Just bought an '08 STS-V

I'm 23 so I'm not exactly in the prime age of most Cadillac enthusiasts, so I have to come here to get my fix. When I turned 16 I bought a pristine white '88 Coupe DeVille with white & red two-tone leather... absolutely loved the car and hated to eventually drive something else, but when I turned 20 I inherited a black '01 DTS that was in the family and I couldn't pass it up. Had 4 good years with that car (and 214,000 miles), but I've put enough money into it so I decided it was time to move on again.

I just bought a 2008 STS-V. I am loving everything about it. Was a little skeptical on going RWD, and am a little worried about having major issues-- obviously that can come with the higher end cars, but after scanning though here it sounds like most people are satisfied. The only thing the '01 DTS could compete with is the sound system. Both are the Bose systems, but I swear they put in a higher quality system in that '01 DTS than any other car I've been in (maybe besides those guys that spend $2-3k on after-market stereo equipment).

Looking forward to letting it stretch its legs a little bit, though! Any advice for things to monitor on the STS-V that I should keep in mind?

Thanks!
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Re: Just bought an '08 STS-V

Welcome man. I'm 24. Just picked up my 09 maybe a month ago. Before that I have a 79 Coupe Deville. Beautiful. Two tone silver and black. still have it. Bought and sold a 2002 Eldorado ETC, 1999 Deville, 2004 DTS, 2007 STS V8 and now my current car. Pretty sure the current sound system sounds better than the one in my 2004 DTS did but thats just me. This car is on a whole different league than our previous cars though. Great car. Yours looks good. You'll enjoy every single drive. That's what makes it worth it. Good luck.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Welcome. Nice ride man.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Nice V. Have fun taking care of that black raven paint. Yeah, mine's black too.

I had a 96 SLS and an 03 STS before I got into the V.

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

^^ QFT! I am a new owner as well; in the third week of my perma-smile. Had an old fashioned hand-wash shop take good care of her just for a 45mph dust storm blow in three hours later. But for 2 hours she is a head turner! I've only had older gentlemen comment on the V; seems like they are the only ones who know what's up. Very fun to have silver-haired businessmen gawk at your ride. Congrats again!

zek4964 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 cts 68k, 07 STS-V 15K, 97 Sts 160k

I have been milling around about a 2008 STS v with 30k on it they want 30k for it too. Can I ask how your deal was? I think it is too much money 30k for a 5 yr old car, but I am tired of thinking about it this car is haunting me. I want it sooooo bad.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

This is great news, twitt11! Thanks for sharing your experience so far, and congratulations on your STS-V! If you ever have vehicle questions, Customer Service is happy to investigate for you, and we're available via private message.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

just stay on the oil honestly. the car is pretty solid. just normal maintence. oil and fluids and u should be good no issues.

ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 SRX, 2007 STS-V

Congrats! Black is awesome when it is clean! Which is never.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Quote Originally Posted by zek4964 View Post
    I have been milling around about a 2008 STS v with 30k on it they want 30k for it too. Can I ask how your deal was? I think it is too much money 30k for a 5 yr old car, but I am tired of thinking about it this car is haunting me. I want it sooooo bad.
    Just do it, you won't be dissapointed. FYI, I got my 08 with 48k for $29k and never felt buyers remorse... I do still have a little bit of time left on the powertrain warrenty and purchased it from a Cadillac dealer.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

That's funny. I've noticed that too. Just the other day I had an older guy ask "Is that just a kick in the pants to drive?" Actually I guess it was a few weeks ago, but I still remember it. Other people check out the Silver Bullet, but it seems like they like it the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoch View Post
    I've only had older gentlemen comment on the V; seems like they are the only ones who know what's up. Very fun to have silver-haired businessmen gawk at your ride. Congrats again!

terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

It's always nice to see some younger people buying these awesome cars, I'm now 20 an I had bought my 06 V when I was 18. People just don't know what they are missing for such a reasonable price! Have fun !

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Bought my 09 with around 48k miles for 35g's just over a month ago. Buy it.

Nimoch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by terrydactul
    It's always nice to see some younger people buying these awesome cars, I'm now 20 an I had bought my 06 V when I was 18. People just don't know what they are missing for such a reasonable price! Have fun !
    I don't think I'd still be alive ifi had this car at 20. Kudos to you. Any pics from the op?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nimoch

I don't think I'd still be alive ifi had this car at 20. Kudos to you. Any pics from the op?
    *more pics

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.