Brakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Brakes in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So it's almost time to replace my front pads and probably the rotors, as I had them turned about 15k ...
    PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Brakes

So it's almost time to replace my front pads and probably the rotors, as I had them turned about 15k miles ago and probably not enough material to turn again. I can get stock replacement pads and rotors at dealer cost plus 10%, which is similar pricing to GM Parts Direct, or I was thinking about upgrading to some drilled/slotted rotors this time as they would show nicely though my 5 spoke wheels. Where are you guys getting replacement or upgraded brakes, Streetside? I found a place here in So Cal that sells a complete set of drilled/slotted rotors and ceramic pads front and rear for our cars for $262, which seems cheap - but I don't know who makes them or the quality. They have a couple of 5 star yelp reviews, so maybe worth while...?

http://www.speednetmotor.com/package-deal-special.html

To just replace the rotors and pads in the front with OEM is probably around $300 total. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Re: Brakes

I got some drilled and slotted rotors for my cts-v thru Trinet in so cal. Personally I like the stock stuff better seems to stop better. If you do put these on your V let us know how they work out I am almost due as well.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

I put EBC USR slotted rotors and Red Stuff pads on my V. They're quiet, low dust, and feel and stop great. They look awesome too. I picked up the EBC parts from Place for Brakes, they often have big discounts.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Since I got a minute to add $0.02....

I was going to go the ECB route, but just didn't see the purpose. The factory stuff works so well, why fix what ain't broke? I went onto RockAuto and got a set of these (and matching backs).

Now that I'm on the website again, I'm gonna have to recommend http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...180&cc=1432480
    $62 a rotor and direct OE replacements.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

So I got a price today from my local Cadillac dealer parts dept where I get cost plus 10%, and was shocked how much our stock brakes cost to replace. A pair of front rotors and a set of pads came to a little over $400!

So I looked at autozone and found a stock replacement rotor for around $60, and pads for $35-50 depending which one you want. But I spoke to a mechanic buddy who owns a shop, and he said they don't like to use the autozone "Duralast" parts because they get a lot of comebacks due to noise and warping. That's no good.

Then I called the place that I linked to my original post and spoke to them. They offer a complete setup of drilled/slotted plus a set of pads for $262 total front and rear, but the quality is what they called "Economy". For $350 they offer a "Premium" set which is suppoed to be rotors made of better material and a better pad. The parts all come from www.centricparts.com, and it's just a matter of which level you want. The all zinc colored rotors are the cheaper ones, and the rotors with the black centers are the prem. For pads the "Posi-quiet" are the cheaper ones, and the Stoptech "Street Performance" are the better ones.

So next week I will probably take a drive out at try the $350 setup, and will report back how they look/feel and snap a few pics.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.