Were run flat tires optional?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Were run flat tires optional? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm looking to buy a 2008 STS-V, the dealer installed non run flat tires and said that this car didn't ...
    hiltonny is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Were run flat tires optional?

I'm looking to buy a 2008 STS-V, the dealer installed non run flat tires and said that this car didn't come with run flat tires even though it monitors the tire pressures. He said that there were two kinds of wheels depending on if the run flat option was chosen, non run flats had thinner wheels. I thought all STS-V's came with run flats, who's right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Were run flat tires optional?

They did that's why there is no spare tire our inflator kit. I hope it's not a caddy deailer.

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

As far as I recall the STS-V came standard with Pirelli Euphoria run flat tires. . . in 2006 the only options (other than colors and interior colors) were an engine block heater and sun roof delete.

And there was only ONE wheel choice.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Run flats were standard on new STS-V's. When I bought my car the dealer put new Goodyear run flats on it and the other one I looked at had new Pirelli run flats on it. Both were Caddy dealers. Might be GM policy for the Caddy dealer to replace tires with run flats for CPO cars that came with run flats new, if replacement is required. Don't know what they can or will do if it not a CPO or not a Caddy dealer. If you're gettting a great deal, I wouldn't sweat it because you will probably want to put better tires on it anyway. I don't care for the Goodyear run flats and won't go back with them when replacement time comes.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

They're just B.S.ing you because the Oem run flats retail over 2k. Most guys on here don't like them anyway... I wouldn't let it be a make or break but I would certainly call their bluff. I purchased my 08 with new Pirelli run flats (Oem) from a Cadillac dealer.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

For those of us who have switched to all seasons, is a spare doughnut style tire available for our car? gotta fit under the trunk floor. I was in the process of taking the spare out of the 07 STS V8 I'm selling when I stopped myself because the V has the 6 lugs. Anyone know?

bigburban is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio
    For those of us who have switched to all seasons, is a spare doughnut style tire available for our car? gotta fit under the trunk floor. I was in the process of taking the spare out of the 07 STS V8 I'm selling when I stopped myself because the V has the 6 lugs. Anyone know?
    I'm not aware of a a spare donut. There was a discussion awhile ago about different options that people where using. I've got several cans of fix a flat if I get stuck in the middle of nowhere otherwise I figure I will call for a tow.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

huh.. and I'm guessing the stock 18s (front) with a tire won't fit under the trunk?

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    The 18" rim fits in the trunk but I don't think it clears the rear brake disks. There was talk a while ago about using SRX wheels. I think that's possible, but you take up 75% of your trunk carrying a spare tire. I carry two cans of fix-a-flat and ride on Continental DWS tires. That's puts me in the same position as if I were riding on run flats... No matter what, getting a flat in a V isn't a good experience.

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Look under the spare tire well cover once. There is no room for anything in there. A bicycle wheel won't even fit.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Look under the spare tire well cover once. There is no room for anything in there. A bicycle wheel won't even fit.
    Yes, that is for a donut for the STS - it was just left empty on the V's. It's where I keep my fix-a-flat cans and jumper cables.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

they came with pirelli run flats. I have rfs on 3 cars,and they all ride a little rougher than std tire--but if you play with the air pressure the are fine. Ive had 2 flats in 2 years of owning my 08 and its sooo much easier than changing a flat usually on ahighway and with nice clothes on.I know they are expensive but Id tell the dealer you want the OEM Pirellis or you wont buy the car--i mean theres no spare so what BS is he giving you.I recently looked up what i paid for mine and they were like 450 ea--dealer cost is probably half that

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I smoked off my stock run flats they are the worst tire ever if you drive hard at all. They don't turn in good and they suck in the cold/damp roads. And at $1700 to replace them that's crazy. I put on Bfg kdw2 and they make the car drive like its a different car. I have a hard time out runing my own corvette on the back roads with my friend driving my v and my corvette is set up for racing. Get rid of the run craps and don't look back. I carry a plug kit and a air pump. 5mins I can fix a flat and be back on the road.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.