Disappointed w/D3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Disappointed w/D3 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So, I ordered the stage 1 intake from D3. I heard all of the talk about saving money with the ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Disappointed w/D3

So, I ordered the stage 1 intake from D3. I heard all of the talk about saving money with the Spectra but decided to go right to the source instead.

5 weeks has gone by and still no intake.... I have called a few times to find out what the delay is and was told that there's a clamp that is holding up the shipment. Now, I do understand that these cars are a rare breed but when your told the part is in stock, and the shop is only 2hrs away in traffic, you would think that it would arrive in less than a month right?
    Besides the part still not being shipped, my big disappointment has been with the customer service. I have been told 3 times "let me take a look and give you a call back" with no return call.
    Has anybody here delt with these guys? Did you have the same kind of experience? Is this because I'm not a member of the CTS-V or the ATS family? With full intensions of adding the stage 2 and dyno tune to my V, I am now reconsidering giving my hard earned money to a shop with little to no customer service.

Not sure if D3 is a major sponsor to this forum or not... I've been on forums where bad mouthing sponsores gets you kicked out but I feel this needs to be shared.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Disappointed w/D3

I'm still waiting for springs to be back in stock, granted I haven't checked with them in a while, but the last few times I checked, they were backordered.

That's it...the intake was "in stock" Had I ordered it from ebay, it would have been on my car weeks ago. I just wanted to order it staright from them since I had plans of doing stage 1, stage 2, and dyno tune at their shop...
    If the sales guy were to tell me, sorry the intake is on backorder...there wouldn't be an issue. They were quick to charge my card though...that's for sure!

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

That's how they are.. My new to me 08 v is d3 car and it was a mess for the previous owner. I would get your money back and buy from elsewhere. They are just as bad with Ctsv. I'm still fixing things that they did not do right our just plain messed up on.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

My intakes ship within days.

Tim, pm me with the details of your intake. I'm concerned about getting codes with an intake. I've only seen your headers, heat exchangers, ect. Both top notch btw!

It all sounded good in my head...order from the shop that's local, get their intake, have them dyno it, make over 500hp with no codes or engine issues, and all is well.

Has anyone here had them do a dyno tune? I've heard the d-tronic isn't woth the 7 bills and Tim....your just too far away man. They quoted me $800 for the first tune and $100 for any addition tunes. (if adding more parts ect.) Just wondering if it's worth being just a number in order to get a tune.

(edit) found Tim's intake thread. Will be trying to get my money back from D3 and looking into Tim's.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

If you are worried about "Going to the Source" then have Church do your tune. They are who tunes for D3 anyway.

Thanks PGA2B, this is helpful. I just checked out their site. I have tried to google SoCal shops that have experience with our cars but hadn't found any...

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

I had mine dyno tuned at Church's Auotomotive in Wilmington. They charge $450.00 for the tune. My car
    runs great now. Of course if you call them they will not do a dyno on your car if you have D3 equipment
    installed. If you use D3 equipment then you have to pay their inflated middleman mark-up. I had no
    problem with the Spectre intake prior to getting the tune. Well worth the 4 1/2 bills.

I also will not deal with D3 because I have had a bad experience with the parts they sold me.

Kirk

Dave G is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I've sent them two emails ask when the lowering springs will be back in stock....

Quote Originally Posted by kbf250 View Post
    I had mine dyno tuned at Church's Auotomotive in Wilmington. They charge $450.00 for the tune. My car
    runs great now. Of course if you call them they will not do a dyno on your car if you have D3 equipment
    installed. If you use D3 equipment then you have to pay their inflated middleman mark-up. I had no
    problem with the Spectre intake prior to getting the tune. Well worth the 4 1/2 bills.

I also will not deal with D3 because I have had a bad experience with the parts they sold me.

Kirk
    Wow...looks like even more reason to go with Tim's intake.
    Church's just quoted me $600 for the dyno tune though. Gonna have to work on them to get it down to $450 I guess. Did you do the flat rate w/tune?

Just got off the phone canceling my order...
    ChurchSTSV and ChurchSTSV like this.

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

buy from Tim, Parts are legit and if something is wrong he will replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by AriGold. View Post
    buy from Tim, Parts are legit and if something is wrong he will replace it.
    Placed my order right after I canceled the D3 order. Can't wait to get it How hard was it to access the TB in order to remove the OEM and install Tim's? Things look pretty tight back there...

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

We Pulled the supercharger. It was just easier for us that way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.