Disappointed w/D3 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Disappointed w/D3 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; i have removed and installed several TB on my car, its not bad at all. just take off the strut ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Disappointed w/D3

i have removed and installed several TB on my car, its not bad at all. just take off the strut brace over the engine, remove the factory intake or aftermarket one. once those are removed MAKE SURE THE CAR IS COLD!!!!! just take a little mirror and hang it over the tubes against the firewall and put a little light in there. it only took me about 10min to remove and reinstall once i did this method. also, put an oring on the bolts to help hold them in place. thats how i have done it, and its been done 4times on my car to this point. ive gotten decent at it. lol

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Getting that cast Y out of there is not that hard. You can do it without removing the supercharger if you want to. I've done it that way on several cars. It takes a bit of contortion to wriggle that thing out of there but it's not bad.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Thanks for the helpful hints. Looking forward getting it.

PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Just be careful when wiggling it out not to break the evap valve. If you do break it the cost is around 45-50 bucks. Don't ask how I know........

eatonup1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

Springs?!! HAHAHAHA! Unless you find them used somewhere, you will never get them! I called them over a YEAR ago to order springs and was told that they were on backorder. I sent emails, and called periodically, only to get the "backorder" routine. One day, I did get a call...they told me the springs were in, and would ship. I gave my payment info, and asked the person if he needed my VIN, as their ad says it is necessary for proper mounting. He went silent, and then said " No, there the same for all CTS-V vehicles". I reminded him that I have an STS-V, to which he said, "sorry, my mistake, we don't have those in yet, they're on backorder". I called last week and have been told by D3 that since the vehicle is discontinued they will no longer be carrying the springs...I wouldn't buy valve-stem caps from those guys...

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

See...that's the part that sucks. If they quit making parts for the S that's fine, just don't tell a guy it's "in stock", take his money, and 6 weeks later still not have a clue as to when it will ship. Since they don't have anything to offer the S guys anymore, I'm hoping that the Cadillacs and coffee event will at least change my opinion on them in general.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.