Cadillac Owners Forum banner

water stuck in trunklid or spoiler

6K views 34 replies 13 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
First rain after I bought the car, open the trunk and hear water sloshing around inside. Days after the rain has stopped, same deal. As a matter of fact, when I open the trunk, a few drops of water manage to escape and drip out. Took the car to Cadillac, they "got the water out" and resealed it, which doesn't make any sense because clearly they're just getting the water out, but not applying any type of preventive measures. On top of that, as soon as I get home, I opened the trunk because I had to put some bags in there for a trip to NY, and there was actually a little water still inside. Took it to Caddy again when I got back to NC and they basically did the same thing again, but I didn't have time to deal with the stupidity. planning on going back again soon. Wondering if anyone has had experiences with this before and figured out the issue, so I can save these poor folks at Cadillac the hard work of figuring out what the problem is, and solving it God forbid. Thanks in advance.

#6 ·
huh.. interesting. I'll try removing those rubber plugs and see where that gets me. Either way there's something wrong because those plugs are supposed to be there, but I hate the thought of standing water just sitting in my metal trunklid ya know? Cool I'll do that, and meanwhile I'll give Cadillac an other shot at figuring this one out. I'll let you guys know what comes of it.

#16 ·
After a bad rain storm on Friday and Friday night, I opened the trunk on Saturday and heard the water inside the lid and watched it pour out from the rubber plugs at the bottom. I let it drain for a while but there was still water in there. I have read about multiple possibilities of why this ciuld happen. I'm going to try them all.

Guy, did you ever get this fixed?

#19 ·
I went through targetSTS. Real name is Alex. I guess he's gotten the word out somewhat on the sts forums but he said he'd be glad for me to spread the word on the sts-v forum. Not cheap. You're looking at around 200 for a used pair and around 400 for a new pair. Also in case you didn't know the euro ones are LED from the factory like the cts and Dts. Go ahead and pm targetSTS. Ill post pics when I receive them and when I install.

#21 · (Edited)
...and...notice for the install of the China SLS reverse lights...you have to change/modify the connection....;)

Link:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ls-led-reverse-lamp-upgrade-installation.html

Edit: (on a side note to clarify)
Also in case you didn't know the euro ones are LED from the factory like the cts and Dts.
...the euro/export STS got the same/identical reverse lights like every other sigma-based STS 2005 -2011 in the world...!
...the ones with the conventional bulb...same part, same part-#... :D

...these SLS LED reverse lights are China-only made/produced and only marketed/equipped on the China-made 2010-up model SLS...never available in Europe or on europe/export STS's...
(China adopted many of the (european) ECE regulations on cars (like your DOT) ...so these lights are street legal in Europe...but they are not "euro ones"...;) )

#22 ·
Didn't realize they were that much.

----------

...and...notice for the install of the China SLS reverse lights...you have to change/modify the connection....;)

Link:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ls-led-reverse-lamp-upgrade-installation.html

Edit: (on a side note to clarify)

...the euro/export STS got the same/identical reverse lights like every other sigma-based STS 2005 -2011 in the world...!
...the ones with the conventional bulb...same part, same part-#... :D

...these SLS LED reverse lights are China-only made/produced and only marketed/equipped on the China-made 2010-up model SLS...never available in Europe or on europe/export STS's...
(China adopted many of the (european) ECE regulations on cars (like your DOT) ...so these lights are street legal in Europe...but they are not "euro ones"...;) )

Alright everything you said there I didn't know so thanks for getting the right info out. So just to clarify I got the 2010+ china LED one?

#24 ·
I'm still trying to decide if I like how the LEDs look, or if they come off too "ebay/cheap'' looking. Almost no one that sees these will recognize the rarity/coolness of them, and most will probably think cheapo knockoff. Not a reason to stop anyone from getting them if they DO like the look, I just wish the LED part was more subtle, as it would be nice to have the LED reverse to match the tails as well...

#29 · (Edited)
Led reverse lights have more factory OEM look than Your stock. Trust me.
They have same housing as stock bulb lights, but with LEDs integrated they have much more light power and pure white color, also new items have better foam protection at rear side than stock sts.
It's not just cheap led bulb inside stock or smth cheap not factory crap from ebay, it's OEM GM - made by GM for GM vehicle.

I'm personally install only oem parts at my car....
reverse lights is the only non-led lights at the rear on stock sts, so these led lights complete the look and perfect match this car.

#25 ·
Ok good I'm getting the right ones. Thanks.
I actually have LEDs installed on my current ones. It's a good look. Sharp. Especially at night if you hit the unlock how everything sharply cuts on as opposed to slowly glowing on with regular bulbs. Either way ill take pics when I get them and you can decide based off that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.