water stuck in trunklid or spoiler - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, water stuck in trunklid or spoiler in Cadillac V-Series Forums; yeah forgot about these)...
    targetSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG

Re: water stuck in trunklid or spoiler

yeah forgot about these)

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

I got the lights today. Just to clarify it didn't take ridiculously long to get here. I got a slip from the post office at my house on Thursday the 13th. Between then and now I've been back and forth with the post office trying to find the package which apparently was at my local post office the whole time. When I first went there they apparently couldn't find it. I'll install them hopefully this weekend and post pictures when I'm done. Hopefully this will resolve the water in the trunklid issue while cleaning up the look of my car. Speaking of the look, the lights themselves have a pretty stock, (non ricer) look to them. Also with my current reverse lights, I have water inside the lens on one of them and even on a dry sunny day, you can see a difference in color of the lens. One of them is yellower than the other, the same one that leaks.
    Attached Images
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

The lens is a lot more fluted than I first thought and hides the LED nicely. I thought I had seen a set in the past that were much more clear and looked cheap. I like the way these look!
    Guy.Seminerio likes this.

My thoughts exactly. That distortion on the lens due to the inside of the lens being wavy and having some sort of pattern (like headlights back in the day), as opposed to being perfectly clear like the headlights for example, gives it a stock, classy and not cheap look.

Finally got it done between weekends away and all kinds of other crap. By the way, completely didn't see tough guy hanging out on his balcony until I reviewed the pics on my computer. Looks very good and the quality of the LEDs reminds me of the LED reverse lights on DTS and CTS. Now to see if this solves my water in trunklid problem although I have a feeling it won't. We'll see. Either way, it's a good look and one of my previous ones was leaking, giving it a slightly yellower look so I'm happy now.
    Attached Images
    PontiacV8 and targetSTS like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.