horrible timing, service TC and brake assist just poped up..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, horrible timing, service TC and brake assist just poped up.. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; so i have the two lights on the dash and no codes thrown. something i should be concerned about or ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

horrible timing, service TC and brake assist just poped up..

so i have the two lights on the dash and no codes thrown. something i should be concerned about or no? have a trip to chicago this weekend that i cant reschedule.. any ideas? last time i had that i was the brake pads, but they are all new now.. and no werid noises and car isnt asking werid at all..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: horrible timing, service TC and brake assist just poped up..

Boomys10, what model year STS-V do you have? If you send me the last eight of your VIN via private message, I'm happy to check my resources for any relevant information. For more immediate assistance, since I know you have a weekend trip planned, I recommend contacting your Cadillac dealer to also bring your concerns to their attention and get their technical input on the subject.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

thanks for the help katie, but dont have time to mess with the dealer. and am working until 9pm and wont be able to get vin until after that.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I can understand that, boomys10. In that case, I hope the community chimes in soon with feedback for you and am available in the future whenever you would like me to research concerns for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V and 2007 STS-V The Murdalac

Could easily be a wheel speed sensor. Scan the codes at Autozone or something. I would not worry about driving it.

im not worried about it, and autozone said no codes. as did my friends scanner. so i think the dealer will have to scan it, but gotta wait and deal with it later.

----------

thanks for input though timmy

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    For some reason a lot of scan tools don't read ABS codes. For what it's worth, I had a Chevy Trailblazer do that exact thing and it was a bad steering wheel sensor for the ABS system.

It drove fine, just no ABS or TC until it was fixed.

the abs and traction control all still work even when the lights are on. i took it out last night and drove it hard and the lights where on, made launching it from any speed hard since i wouldnt choose with or without traction control, but the brakes worked fine. heard a slight metal on metal sound at the night end, so im thinking its the freaking pads, AGAIN.. not sure how they could alrdy be gone, but who knows. gunna look into the steering wheel issue and the sensors though, maybe my boys retarded expense scanner will find the code its throwing. last step before dealer.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I had an intermittent abs light on my expedition that required a specific scan tool that is only for ford abs systems that I ended up buying for about 60 dollars or so. I'm sure a tech II would probably sniff the code as well, but lets face it us DIYers don't usually have them. A trip to the dealer to have it properly scanned might not be a bad idea, it could and I only say could keep you from spending a fortune playing parts changer. I have taken my previous vechicles to dealers to have the issue properly diagnosed paid the 80 or whatever dollars and made the repairs myself. It's not so much the money to me as the time.

i wish it were 80. they want 190 to just put in the on the tech2.. then i get hit with there hourly to diagnose. i dont mind spending money, but would rather stick with friends first (as alot of my friends are car nuts and do have multithousand dollar scanner, and full shops in the house garage) just dont like dealing with the caddy dealer personally. they arent bad ppl, but good freakin high priced.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Yeah 190 is ridiculous, I don't blame you one bit!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.