Breaking in new car
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Breaking in new car in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I sold my V last fall but I figured I still ask you guys and see what you all think. ...
    goat-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts-v

Breaking in new car

I sold my V last fall but I figured I still ask you guys and see what you all think. We are buying a new acadia denali and I'm looking up opinions on proper break in for a new engine. I've never had a new car, only atvs, so I've never broke in a new car engine before. Seems like 2 different options: one being granny it around and be easy. While not holding same rpm. Other is drive it somewhat aggressive, while not holding same rpm. I thought of the v when reading all this when I saw everyone getting different stock hp readings and was wondering if there was some truth to a proper break in really making a difference. I mean its a 3.6 v6 so it's far from performance but I still want to do it right if any of you have any suggestions. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Breaking in new car

Just drive it the way you always drive. Most important thing is to check oil often till it brakes in. My 2011 3500 diesel did not stop using oil till it had over 35000 miles on it. Now that was a diesel but still check oil level often. I drove my truck normal at different speeds till 3000 miles then it got a 53ft 20000lbs trailer be hind it and driven 500-700 miles a day. It's over 100,000 now and I got it in November of 2011. Still runs like new and uses no oil. Had oil changed every 5k till it stopped burning it. Now I change it every 8-10k. And did trans at 30-60 and so on.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Breaking in new car

Goat-v, I know you're looking for feedback from other owners but I just wanted to let you know I'm available to research your new car question anytime. Please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance. Thanks for considering another GM vehicle!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

goat-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): sts-v
    Thanks madsts. I figured but just wanted to make sure. Congrats on getting that low mileage V. I've never seen one since I sold mine.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.