The ATS Premium (V6) is fast...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, The ATS Premium (V6) is fast... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Encountered an ATS Premium V6 last night on my way to meet friends for dinner. On a two-lane interstate on-ramp, ...
    The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

The ATS Premium (V6) is fast...

Encountered an ATS Premium V6 last night on my way to meet friends for dinner. On a two-lane interstate on-ramp, right before it merges into one lane and joins up with the highway, a crystal red ATS came flying up my left side and squeezed in right in front of me. So I bumped the shifter to the right and put my right foot to the floor (had just hit the straight run-up to the highway at that point, perfect timing). He jumped all the way out to the passing lane so I just took the slow lane, not another car in sight at that point. We ran up to just over 140, at which point I had about two carlengths. We had caught up to traffic at that point so he just tucked in behind me and we kept a brisk pace all the way to my exit, which incidentally was also his. We were turning opposite ways at the light at the end of the ramp so he pulled up on my right and gave me the thumbs up. I lowered my window and asked "is that the turbo?", he replied "no, it's the V6". I said "well it's damn fast", and he replied "yeah but it's no V!". I just smiled and made my turn.

The ATS seems like a pretty sweet machine. My wife wants to take a look at one later this year to replace her CTS. It looked great in Crystal Red, which is her favorite color.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Re: The ATS Premium (V6) is fast...

They’re light. I think they weigh 3500 lbs with 321 hp for the 6. If I recall your car is stock, right? I wish the ATS-V would get the C7 LT1 but word is that it will be a turbo 6. It will still be fast.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by STS LC3 View Post
    They’re light. I think they weigh 3500 lbs with 321 hp for the 6. If I recall your car is stock, right? I wish the ATS-V would get the C7 LT1 but word is that it will be a turbo 6. It will still be fast.
    Twin Turbo

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/cad...arged-v-6-news

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Drove the 2L turbo automatic, drove the 2L turbo manual, and drove the 3.6L na v6. Difference in power between the 4 turbo and 6 is negligible. 2L Turbo manual all the way. They don't come close to the STS-V, but they go for sure. Too bad the sts-v didn't come with a 3rd pedal.

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Drove the 2L turbo automatic, drove the 2L turbo manual, and drove the 3.6L na v6. Difference in power between the 4 turbo and 6 is negligible. 2L Turbo manual all the way. They don't come close to the STS-V, but they go for sure. Too bad the sts-v didn't come with a 3rd pedal.
    There has to be a noticeable difference in power as the 2.0 turbo ATS premium got beat by the 328i, and the 3.6 NA ATS premium spanked the 335i.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

The 335i is supposed to be quicker than the ATS 3.6 both 0-60 and the 1/4 mile....according to Car and Driver. ??

http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...dillac-ats.pdf
    http://media.caranddriver.com/files/...ril-2012-1.pdf

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

yes my understanding is that the 328 beats the ats 2T, and the 335 beats the ats v6 in 0-60 and quarter mile, which by the way is why I believe GM will increase the output of each in a couple of years. Planned obsolence. yay. If you look at the difference in 0-60 and quarter mile times on the ats 2t and ats v6, they're a few tenths of a second apart. i understand that a tenth of a second is a big deal, but not enough of a big deal to notice it on a 10 minute go with each one. if I owned a 2t for example,then took a v6 for a spin, i might notice a difference since I'm so used to mine. SO in the end, the difference was negligible.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.