2008 cadillac STS-v transmission issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2008 cadillac STS-v transmission issues in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and first of all would like to say hi. My 08 STS-V ...
    wiz321654 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2008 cadillac STS-v transmission issues

Hello Everyone, I am new to this forum and first of all would like to say hi.

My 08 STS-V only has 35000 miles on it and it feels as if the transmission is "wondering" in second gear. I Dont think its normal and i am scared to take it to cadillac because it is out of warranty by time :-(. I had the transmission serviced at cadiallac at 30k miles and now this. What the car is doing is in first it will spin, and once boost comes on in second, the car will start lunging, almost like the clutches are slipping and then grabbing and then slipping again. It only does it under hard acceleration and this really sucks since the car has such low miles.

Has anyone else here had this issue? I have tuesday off, im gunna take it in, but I will not lie, I am scared shitless of the bill :-/

thanks for your time

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 2008 cadillac STS-v transmission issues

mine does the same thing SOMETIMES. its not the tranny slipping because the RPMS dont skyrocket yet the car doesnt move forward. we are thinking belt slip is causing the issues mine is having, will be addressing and see if that fixed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Wiz321654, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing these concerns! Taking your STS-V to your dealer is a good next step, as their specialized technicians can run the proper diagnostic tests and document your frustrations. If you would like any assistance working with your dealer at any point, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com! I'm always happy to look into your concerns further for you.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

rwwrrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Wiz321654, I'm sorry to see you've been experiencing these concerns! Taking your STS-V to your dealer is a good next step, as their specialized technicians can run the proper diagnostic tests and document your frustrations. If you would like any assistance working with your dealer at any point, please email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com! I'm always happy to look into your concerns further for you.

Best,

Katie
    That's interesting my transmission does the same thing and the cadillac dealer said to not worry about it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Rwwrrr, thank you for posting this. We do recommend bringing your vehicle concerns to your dealer's attention initially for their expert input, so I'm pleased you have already consulted with your dealer on this concern. If you're still concerned regarding your STS and would like Customer Service to contact your dealer to follow up on your behalf, please let me know.

Katie

Well, I took it in to the dealer and had them make some other repairs while it's still under warranty. They said the tcu needed updating and that should fix the problem... Low and behold it didn't... While the car feels like it shifts more firm now, it still doesn't feel right... It's only in second gear, it will kick the tires loose and then shift to 3rd(what it feels like atleast) and then it will down shift back to seconds and spin again. I'll have to take it back Monday, I wish I went to sewell Cadillac.. They are much closer but I've always dealt with Massey.. I'll keep y'all informed

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Try driving it in manual and shift it your self with out spinning the tires. I bet it will feel fine shift crisp and no slipping. The set up in the trans tune from factory will up shift at the first sine of wheel spin under a hard start to keep out of redline. Find a good tuner and get the trans tuned to the way you drive the car. It took 5 try's to get mine just right but it shifts up/down with out looking for other gears now. It changed the way the whole car drives it feels more like a sports car than the big 4 door it is.

Ps: I always drive with the tc/sc all the way off. It could be the tc stepping in also. Just some things to try.

So it's meant to upshot at the first sign of wheel spin? If that's the case, once it up shifts would it immeadiatly try to shift back down once it bogged or "gripped" to continue on the acceleration?

Yes that is just how they are set from stock. A good aftermarket trans tune will take care of that.

I recorded a video on my phone of a second gear pull but am not sure how to post it here.. Could I email it to you?

Pm sent

----------

I want to say its just the tc/sc kicking in and doing it. Not the trans. Park the car press and hold the tc/sc button for 10-15s till it says sc off in the info center not just the dash icon. Then try the same turn.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

send me the link to the vid also, ive had a few issus with the trans and might be able to tell you whats up with seeing the video.

I need a email to send it too... Mad, did you receive it?

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    Send me the link. What state are you in?

I'm in Dallas Texas. For some reason I can't get it to upload but I can on you the video...

I'm going back to Cadillac in the morning. First gear it will spin to redline... If it were traction control it would do it in first as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.