Drag Racing Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By 1madstsv
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Drag Racing Question in Cadillac V-Series Forums; So i have ben learning the ropes of this car and have a few questions in regards to perfectly legal, ...
    ChurchSTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Drag Racing Question

So i have ben learning the ropes of this car and have a few questions in regards to perfectly legal, track sanctioned drag racing.

1. Should i turn off traction control when starting from a dig? I know it was a must for the GTO

2. How does this thing move from a roll? Do i need to auto-shift into a certain gear?

3. Is this car a slouch?

I am asking because a G8 GXP was trying to get frisky and i didn;t know what to do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Drag Racing Question

play with it and find out for yourself. when i ran a 13.1 with mine bone stock i had TC off and just walked into the gas. when im (not legally) racing i manually shift it to the lower gear. the tranny in them shifts SUPER slow, easier to do it manually and be in the better gear.

I see. So the auto shifter is lame, but i can downshift like normal. Makes sense.

Preferred gear?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon

Wish I could help but I don't ever drag race lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxwxi...e_gdata_player
    Pm me and I will talk you trought it.
    GizmoQ and GizmoQ like this.

Sp i down shifted from a roll at about 35 (i was prepared for the hesitation), this thing moves pretty good!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

There is no "roll racing" at a drag strip so best is to read some of the sticky's like the CF site has: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/drag-racing-90/

The rest is just as the others posted above and learning proper burnout (TC off for burnout) and how to stage and work on reaction time. If a manual trans that is an entire separate technique to use and do a search on "Rnger Drag Racing" for one of the best how to videos for launching and shifting manual trans cars.

Quote Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
    There is no "roll racing" at a drag strip so best is to read some of the sticky's like the CF site has: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/drag-racing-90/

The rest is just as the others posted above and learning proper burnout (TC off for burnout) and how to stage and work on reaction time. If a manual trans that is an entire separate technique to use and do a search on "Rnger Drag Racing" for one of the best how to videos for launching and shifting manual trans cars.
    Yeah. I know. I am no stranger to the dragstrip. Just curious as to what this car can do.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

bone stock i did a 13.1 and didnt launch it. so it doesnt do to bad at all. i refuse to EVER launch my car, dont want to break my axles and am not concerned about the quarter mile time personally. havent ran it since i have gotten some work done, and will not.

I agree with that! I am not interested in 60' times. Just want to find the sweet spot.

I remember the GTO 4L60 had seom dead spots when driving. Speeds where the trans wouldn;t know what to do. Just want to make sure i don't run into that problem again!

12. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.