Would you pay over blue book? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Would you pay over blue book? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I paid slightly over book for mine a year ago. The car was in great shape, was the color combo ...
    todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Would you pay over blue book?

I paid slightly over book for mine a year ago. The car was in great shape, was the color combo I wanted, came from an extremely anal owner, and it came with a year left on the GMPP extended warranty. I guess if you really like the car and if the price seems fair, well then go for it. There are certain vehicles out there that always sell over book value, 3rd gen RX7's and Supra turbos still come to mind.

Livyx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hopefully a CTS-V

For sure! That's why I ask. I've got a 68 Chevelle that I paid "too much" for according to guys on the forums I frequent. These guys are always saying how Chevelles are not worth that much, blah blah blah. Then I search around and can't find one worth looking at for under $12k and I start to realize these guys just don't seem to have a realistic view of the world! It seems to be more realistic here; most of you recognize that there are only 2300 of these cars in the US and the mileage on them isn't getting any lower. Gotta buy when you find a good one and the price is only negotiable to a degree,

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

The dealer I got mine from started at 35k, had it down to 30k when I got there. I had done the car-fax on it and saw that they had it for 6 months...this usually means they don't want it sitting much longer so I came in at 29k. Although still a bit high, I got them to agree with the price. There is no market for these cars regardless of how rare they are. Cadillac pulled them from the line up because of it. We are the few that even realize what they are. Bottom line is, you'll be getting a bad ass car for less than what most people are paying for a pick up truck these days. Go for it! Just get the gap insurance to cover your butt if anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    The dealer I got mine from started at 35k, had it down to 30k when I got there. I had done the car-fax on it and saw that they had it for 6 months...this usually means they don't want it sitting much longer so I came in at 29k. Although still a bit high, I got them to agree with the price. There is no market for these cars regardless of how rare they are. Cadillac pulled them from the line up because of it. We are the few that even realize what they are. Bottom line is, you'll be getting a bad ass car for less than what most people are paying for a pick up truck these days. Go for it! Just get the gap insurance to cover your butt if anything happens.
    You think? Man, I see one with reasonable mileage pop up for sale and by the time I can request additional pictures it is sold! I wish no one wanted them, but I feel like I'm climbing over the masses to be the first to get to the car.

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Glad you could find the forum man. Its my car. I don't have much history posting on the forum but what I do have feel free to look back at. I just emailed you a link with all my photos. Tim was right, I did buy all the parts off him!

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

The Cadillac/Chevrolet dealer I found mine at had it for 6 months. This car is in great shape with under 50k and still under warranty... I even got them to put a brand new passenger side mirror on it because it had a little too much vibration at freeway speed. Problem is, it was sitting on a lot with 2 used and a few new 2nd gen CTS-V's.
    I knew more about the car than the saleman even did... Not that they know much, but you would think since he sells Cadillacs he would know about it.
    I did have to drive about 75miles to get her though.
    Just checked C.L. and found an 06 with 43k miles, 20" HRE's, pulley and intake for $26,500 (private party)
    A.T. has an 07 with 90k miles for $21,888 (dealer)

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I think I paid more than what others would have but:
    Mine was local
    An '06 with under 40K miles
    Clean - no door dings

Pay what you're comfortable paying. Don't worry about getting the best deal - the internet is full of people who got a better deal. Remember, you're getting it much less than the guy that bought it new

dl72 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I got mine for $23000 out the door. They were asking $27,000. It sat on their lot for 5 months. I took a train to pick it up and then drove it home. It was well worth it. I couldn't find any local to me.

wake is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V, 2005 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Dave G View Post
    Pay what you're comfortable paying. Don't worry about getting the best deal - the internet is full of people who got a better deal. Remember, you're getting it much less than the guy that bought it new
    I agree. I think I got a great deal on mine but I have seen a few (a long ways away) for a little cheaper.

All I know is I'm happy with mine, no buyer's remorse and no feeling that I overpaid. In the end that's what matters.

Quote Originally Posted by wake View Post
    I agree. I think I got a great deal on mine but I have seen a few (a long ways away) for a little cheaper.

All I know is I'm happy with mine, no buyer's remorse and no feeling that I overpaid. In the end that's what matters.
    That is what I'm hoping. AriGold seems to be a pretty honest and cool guy. I'm looking forward to seeing the car and talking with him about all the ins and outs of it. I hope this is the car for me.

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

livyx!!! I know you bought a new V Post some photos!!! Im gonna keep mine anyway for awhile!

I did! It's an 06 with 52k on it. Silver/grey combo, like yours. I'll get some pics uploaded tonight.

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

Congrats on the purchase!

parkeraire is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' sts-v

Welcome to the family.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.