cluster message: ENGINE HOT - AC OFF - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, cluster message: ENGINE HOT - AC OFF in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Now that I am in AZ I am not worried about the code but since I was in Missouri when ...
    PGA2B is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: cluster message: ENGINE HOT - AC OFF

Now that I am in AZ I am not worried about the code but since I was in Missouri when I did the T-Stat and have HP Tuners, I just shut off that code just in case. Most of the time when the T-Stat goes bad it does not even set a code. I think that causes a lot of the confusion when this issue pops up.

terrydactul is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Sts V

I just had my thermostat replaced for this same issue

eatonup1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 sts-v

I actually had screws back out from the fan shroud into the blade path that prevented them from turning...BUT my buddy at the dealer was able to rectify it, get me a new thermostat, and new A/C clutch...

indabackofdalac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V (present), 2004 DHS, 2000 & 1981 Eldorado (past)

Chiming in to say thermostat was at fault for this same message on mine while the previous owner had it... dealership diag'ed it as such.

bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

just an update. Took this to the dealer to get this issue resolved under my CPO warranty. They said they couldn't find any problems and refused to change the thermostat after holding on to my car for two days.

I guess I will just do it myself. I am looking forward to when this warranty expires so I can pick where the car goes for maintenance and get real service.

Brian

Berger 93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bjherron123 View Post
    just an update. Took this to the dealer to get this issue resolved under my CPO warranty. They said they couldn't find any problems and refused to change the thermostat after holding on to my car for two days.

I guess I will just do it myself. I am looking forward to when this warranty expires so I can pick where the car goes for maintenance and get real service.

Brian
    Sadly the same experience I had . . . whether it is the dealers or GM . . . unless they have a specific "code" stored in the computer AND they can duplicate it they will tell you nothings wrong with the car . . completely infuriating . .

Service blows . . . and most likely applies to all cars . .

theotherguyssn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 sts-v

yea man you need to put a thermostat in the car with a new gasket, prolly set a p0128 dtc when it gets that code it disables temp gauge in vehicle, need to check your coolant resvoir make sure its full of course make sure no leaks but need to stick a thermostat in it, i had it happen to mine last month right after i bought the car luckily im a gm tech so was no prob was little aggrevating to get to the two nuts but if you pull the center section of air duct b/t y-pipe and air box off you can get to it. also is a pcm calibration update through gm i found that is suspose to fix intermittant a/c hott message as well but would have to take to gm dealer see if your pcm needs the update. thermostat with gasket was under 30 bucks through dealer though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.