How About This ...the New Sts V - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, How About This ...the New Sts V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey Guys I found this on Roadfly.com. They Now have a Caddy section. http://media.gm.com/events/autoshows...0overview.html A lot of redundant info on ...
    Reckamech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: How About This ...the New Sts V

Hey Guys

I found this on Roadfly.com. They Now have a Caddy section. http://media.gm.com/events/autoshows...0overview.html

A lot of redundant info on the STS-V but I figured I would share. I am not sure if this was already posted.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Boy is this gonna be a fun shake-up when the next S8 arrives. Theres a reason the current S8 was featured in quite possibly the best movie chase scene ever... RONIN. Back in 01' when top HP ratings were just barely creeping up to 400 (M5), Audi was next in line with the 380HP S8, with an engine that could be easily pushed further. At that time the E55 had 349hp, the XJR was 370 and Cadillac's top offering was the 300hp STS with FWD.

Im excited to see whats coming down the pike. So far weve got a 440 horse Cadillac, a 500 horse BMW, and a 470 horse MB.... With the RS6 under its belt... Im eager to see what Audi-verken has to offer Its a great time to be a luxury sedan.

BTW... I cant agree with the comments about the CTS-V. It is exactly what every guy with a tool belt and a power screwdriver yearns for... a nice car with a big ol motor shoved in it! GRUNT!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Boy is this gonna be a fun shake-up when the next S8 arrives. Theres a reason the current S8 was featured in quite possibly the best movie chase scene ever... RONIN. Back in 01' when top HP ratings were just barely creeping up to 400 (M5), Audi was next in line with the 380HP S8, with an engine that could be easily pushed further. At that time the E55 had 349hp, the XJR was 370 and Cadillac's top offering was the 300hp STS with FWD.

Im excited to see whats coming down the pike. So far weve got a 440 horse Cadillac, a 500 horse BMW, and a 470 horse MB.... With the RS6 under its belt... Im eager to see what Audi-verken has to offer Its a great time to be a luxury sedan.

BTW... I cant agree with the comments about the CTS-V. It is exactly what every guy with a tool belt and a power screwdriver yearns for... a nice car with a big ol motor shoved in it! GRUNT!

I thought I was the only one that liked Ronin for the car chase....!!! The reverse 270 that the guys do in the Merc is an excellent stunt. Nice driving all the way thru that movie. Their "driver" was perfectly type-cast in my opinion...

One of the best stunts like that that I have ever seen in a movie was (surprisingly) in the Nutty Professor when Klump parallel "parks" the Viper between two other cars next to the curve by sliding it in sideways at speed. Bet the stunt driver chewed a hole in the drivers seat on that one...

Reckamech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Since we strayed into the movie topic for a minute I must say that I loved the movie Ronin and it does occupy a space in my DVD collection. I think it is only fair to mention the BMW Films collection of movies especially the film with the M5 and Madonna. I also thought The Transporter was pretty good. I would like to see caddy do something with the STS or STS-V in the way of a small move to promote the car. Has anyone seen the Chevrolet Corvette commercial which was pulled from the air? From what I hear it was a great commercial in which GM spent a LOT of money on but they pulled it because some organization complained it promoted reckless driving because a pre-teen was supposed to be doing all the driving. They feared it would be duplicated.

kook is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Since there is movie talk going on I feel that the chase between an Escalade EXT and a CTS in the second Matrix was pretty sweet as well. Mainly because it featured two caddy's.

They had this at an event in Dayton for new Cadillac owners and one of the cars from the movie was there (post shooting). I'd show the pics, but I'm not sure how to insert them.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Heh... All great movie scenes for sure. I see Cadillac and GM vehicles in alot of Cameo roles, but infrequently in action scenes. Like for example, most if not all the cars in DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, are Cadillac/GM products. One of the main guys drives an 05 STS.

cguthrie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'll be looking for a STS-V on the Soprano's next season!

CG
    99STS 105K

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Quote Originally Posted by cguthrie
    I'll be looking for a STS-V on the Soprano's next season!

CG
    99STS 105K
    Really. Sylvio Dante trades his 03 STS for the STS-V, and Paulie Walnuts trades his 02 ETC for the XLR-V LOL LOL LOL!

Tony will keep his Escalade.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me
    Here, here. As Tim Allen would say, "Ahr ahr ahr!" Or however you'd spell that.

The CTS-V isn't a sports sedan. It's the best f*cking muscle car that ever came out of Detroit; it just happens to be able to cruise well. I've driven old ones with more cachet, and lusted after others, but THIS one is quicker, faster, safer, and has lots of goodies that were mere sci-fi in the late 60's/early 70's.

The STS-V will be much too well engineered for me. Too quiet, too smooth, too easy to shift, etc. I put a Corsa exhaust on my CTS-V in part because I WANT it to be loud.

Different strokes for different folks. All my strokes are supercharged and pushrod-serviced. Me likee.

Psychobilly Cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I must confess I was in love with that S8 in 2001 after watching Ronin. Despite the performance, glamor... and the pricetag of the Audi one has to remember that the FWD STS was no slouch back then (and Hollywood did recognize this too). In 2000 I vividly remember being suprised that an all black on black STS was used in a brief car chase in the movie Get Carter. Four years later I bought a 2000 STS which is exactly the same car as in that movie (so naturally I also had to buy Get Carter on dvd and add it to my collection).

STS 310 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS

Some say FWD isnt a performance auto. I say "Line um up"!!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.