Cadillac Owners Forum banner
25K views 115 replies 42 participants last post by  STS 310 
#1 ·
Hi, there
look what I found today at Road&Track!!!
The new STS V Supercharged 440 hp - that`s it!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Wow, Very nice! That thing looks really mean! Since it's supercharged, I'll bet it's a real torque monster. Also, I think this car will really give the E55 a good run, maybe even be as quick. The AMG only has 29 more horse power, and almost definately weighs more. I can't wait to see how they stack up. I woulnd't even be suprised if it performs similar to the M5. The 500 hp number on the bimmer sure does look nice, but its performance numbers don't really seem "500hp quick". Also the M's torque doesn't even crack the 400 lb/ft level. (384 i think)
I will be very interested in how they price this. Since they obviously won't be using AWD and will probably be droping some luxury weight, it may not be as high as one might guess. Or here's hoping!!

#11 ·
BUILDINGCTSAMG said:
Am i the only one dissapointed by the 440hp? Considering how low the cts-vs are dynoing, and then you add in the wheel hop, 440 in real terms is more like 350....Maybe i was crazy to be thinking it should be in the 475 range
You know, I keep reading the complaints about the "low" rwhp of the CTS-V, and yet you read articles like the one in the upcoming Motor Trend comparison and find the "V" out accelerates both the '05 GTO and the '05 425 HP Chrysler hemi C. What more are we looking for here? And remember, the CTS-V is not meant to be a dragster!

#17 ·
NIK said:
You know, I keep reading the complaints about the "low" rwhp of the CTS-V, and yet you read articles like the one in the upcoming Motor Trend comparison and find the "V" out accelerates both the '05 GTO and the '05 425 HP Chrysler hemi C. What more are we looking for here? And remember, the CTS-V is not meant to be a dragster!
That+s right NIK, zou just got it!!!!
Harry

#21 ·
Re: Don't be fooled by the E55's rated 469 hp rating. .

Yea, sorry to say its still E55AMG for ME for the price, but if they fix the damn wheels (again) on this STS-V, and keep the price low enough to be appealing, it could be quite a contender for the "Hans-mobiles"

Heh... now when is Lexus gonna come around...

#22 ·
Reckamech said:
I can't say I am not impressed ;) Is their any word if the STS-V is still using the 5 speed auto transmission? From the pictures I see their is no manual but wondering if their is a 6 speed auto.
The newest issue of Car & Drive just answered my question. It has a new 6 speed auto. On a side note check out the output numbers for the new Infiniti M45 :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.