Thinking of buying an 06
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Thinking of buying an 06 in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hello everyone. I've been looking at gen 1 CTS-Vs and keeping an eye out for the occasional STS-V I might ...
    Livyx is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hopefully a CTS-V

Thinking of buying an 06

Hello everyone. I've been looking at gen 1 CTS-Vs and keeping an eye out for the occasional STS-V I might find.
    Since these cars aren't common I have been doing nationwide searches, which is scary... The idea of buying a car sight-unseen doesn't sit well with me.
    Anyway, I found an STS-V in Miami that looks good from the pictures but has 76k miles. This might be a stupid question, but is there a service where you can hire someone to check out a car? Where a person goes and looks it over for you and tells you if it is a good car, maybe lets you know any concern areas?
    They are asking a really good price for the car and I need to know if it is too good to be true.
    Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    I just found that one on Cars.com. That is a pretty amazing price.

I bought mine site unseen and had it shipped. It was scary. I did it because of a few reasons. Mainly the car was still under a CPO at the time. Also the dealer has a very good reputation and they had high res photos. And I was on the phone with the salesman while he did a walk around and got inside. He was really honest about some minor cosmetic things (really minor - the car was in fantastic shape). And it had really low miles.

Still I was nervous about it, and it has had to have some things done to it, but I didn't have to pay because of the CPO.

I would think you could get someone to check it out for you for a fee. Maybe a broker who also works with a mechanic.

Good luck.

PS The STS is way better than the CTS IMHO.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Re: Thinking of buying an 06

There are inspection services that can evaluate the car for you. Just Google “car inspection service Miami Florida”. I’d take a look at it for you but I’m across the State (west coast) and crazy busy right now. Like Carter, I bought mine sight unseen but I have a friend down here who has been selling cars all his life and fortunately his son worked at a dealership up north, only about 40 miles away from the selling dealer and he checked it out. My car is a CPO and had a good maintenance history and no accidents on CarFax so I wasn’t too concerned about mechanical issues. Being a picky guy I assumed putting $1,000 into body work when I was negotiating with the dealer. Shipping from up north was $675. When I got it, I had to have the rockers (both sides) and front fascia repaired and it was missing the fascia deflector. $1,200 and I was done and the rest of the car is near perfect (minor stone chips, black is a bitch, shows everything). The car you’re looking at looks like a great deal, is a lifelong Florida car and good mileage for its age. I would have it inspected. If it’s right for you, I wouldn’t hesitate. It probably will be gone quick.

Livyx is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Hopefully a CTS-V

Yeah, I will need to move quick on it. Thanks for the advice. I'll see if I can find anyone who will check it out for me.

----------

Also, do you guys think I should worry much about the mileage being over 75k? I hear some people saying on this site that you can start getting into issues with the Northstar engines.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Most people on here claim that the 4.4 is pretty bullet proof. Mine had an oil leak with only 28K miles, which was kind of disappointing.

I've read on here that many have had loose intake manifold bolts, but that's a minor repair. Not too many really major things that people talk about.

But, with that many miles, it's even more important to have it checked out.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.