Injectors stuck open?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Injectors stuck open? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Has anyone ever had - either on their STS-V or any other car - an injector get stuck in the ...
    bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Injectors stuck open?

Has anyone ever had - either on their STS-V or any other car - an injector get stuck in the open position?
    According to the MB dealer, this happened on our AMG. The injectors (2) in one cylinder stuck in the open position resulting in the cylinder filling with gas and causing a hydrolock. Engine ran rough for a few minutes then died, and refused to restart. Codes showed misfires in 7 of the 12 cylinders. This just seems weird to me. Just curious if anyone else has ever experienced anything like this before.

Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Yes, this happened to an Olds we had in the 90s. I think injectors can get stuck open or closed.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Injectors stuck open?

I've seen it happen.

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Yes. Anyone doing any mods where they are removing the fuel rail on any vehicle, or just wanting to prevent this on a higher mileage car we diagnose, clean, and flow match injectors here:

The photo showing one tube much higher is an example of an injector not fully closing and then after it was rebuilt and corrected in the bottom pic.

941-721-1826
    www.RevXtreme.com
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Thanks. First for everything. Car is back and running. No apparent damage to drivetrain or other engine components.

Bob

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Thank goodness for that!!

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Excellent news!!! Hydro-lock usually pretzels the rods..
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

That is what I was most concerned about - the internals. But the computer kicked in and prevented any damage. Right now I am running a 200 mile test with the back seats torn out and two laptops wired into the computers there - man are there a ton of electronics in that car. Once I get over 200, they want me to bring it back and they will crunch all the downloaded data to be sure that nothing else warrants further attention. Techs seem to know their stuff. Surprising since V-12 AMGs are not all that common here in the states. Should hit the number on the way home tonight, so it will be back at the dealer tomorrow, but no hiccups so far. Still has all her power, smooth acceleration, etc.

Bob

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    the back seats torn out and two laptops wired into the computers there - man are there a ton of electronics in that car. Once I get over 200, they want me to bring it back and they will crunch all the downloaded data to be sure that nothing else warrants further attention. Techs seem to know their stuff. Surprising since V-12 AMGs are not all that common here in the states.
    I loathe owning an S65 or 760Li one day. But I can't imagine having to fix one. I'll just have to live vicariously through you...

Bob, which AMG do you have? Is it the S65 Biturbo? And what year?

I personally would love to have a 2012 CLS 63 AMG, but I also would not want to pay to have it fixed some day.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Bobs-sts-v, I'm happy to hear your concerns have been resolved! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any lingering concerns and would like assistance working with a Cadillac dealership. Private message me through the forum anytime, and I can follow up on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Bobs-sts-v, I'm happy to hear your concerns have been resolved! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any lingering concerns and would like assistance working with a Cadillac dealership. Private message me through the forum anytime, and I can follow up on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
    Katie did you forget to read the OP? He's yapping about a Mercedes problem. You don't want to deal with those German issues...

You are very on top of things these days though, I like that Cadillac is getting more involved in the communities that develop around their cars. It's good to see.

But on a similar topic... Katie, where is our V16. I know at least one was machined a few years back. Where is it??

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Bob, which AMG do you have? Is it the S65 Biturbo? And what year?

I personally would love to have a 2012 CLS 63 AMG, but I also would not want to pay to have it fixed some day.
    We have the 2007 V12 biturbo (black of course). 612HP and 739 ft.lbs. Torque. Fast at any speed, except 0-30mph. After that, its a rocket.
    Just changing the spark plugs (all 24 of them) set me back $1K. So nothing cheap to fix on it, but its not really a daily driver. Weekends and when I need to pack the family in is all it gets used for lately. Only 40K miles on it. That is why I was surprised when we had this problem. Electrical gremlins are common in this model, but very few mechanical issues.
    My wife really loves that car, but I prefer my V for a daily driver. Easier to park, quicker off the line, and just plain fun to drive.

Bob

Sounds like a real nice car Bob. I also love my V, but there's something about certain Bimmers and MBs.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by YoungBlood_STSV View Post
    Katie did you forget to read the OP? He's yapping about a Mercedes problem. You don't want to deal with those German issues...
    You are very on top of things these days though, I like that Cadillac is getting more involved in the communities that develop around their cars. It's good to see.
    But on a similar topic... Katie, where is our V16. I know at least one was machined a few years back. Where is it??
    Thanks, YoungBlood! I do realize the OP's involvement elsewhere, so I just wanted let them know I was available if ever they wanted to bring any STS-V concerns to their Cadillac dealer's attention.

I'm always happy to document your V16 anticipation! Message me anytime you would like me to check my resources for updates in the future. (At this time, I unfortunately don't have any details to share.)

Best,

Katie

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.