DAY TIME Running light issue HELP!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, DAY TIME Running light issue HELP!!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; One of the little bulls eye daytime running lights in the lower inside corner of the head light assembly has ...
    Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

DAY TIME Running light issue HELP!!!

One of the little bulls eye daytime running lights in the lower inside corner of the head light assembly has burned out. I have a repair manual however the light is not referenced. It appears I may have to remove the headlight cluster just to get to it.

Has anybody replaced this light? Is it a special light? I don't wanna take my car apart to fine out the light is special order. Any help? part number? anything????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Re: DAY TIME Running light issue HELP!!!

You can get to the light assembly from the back... Turn the wheel all the way to one side and remove the lower skirting (plastic covers) from under the front end. You may need to remove a few clips on from the inner fender as well in order to open it up enough to access the light housing. Pull the bulb from the back of the housing and replace it. I did this to replace my driving lights on my 06 standard STS.
    Sorry I can't help with part numbers...I'm sure they're just regular bulbs though...

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Just to clarify, what you're referring to is the little bullet style light in the bottom corner of our headlights, correct?

This is called a Nacele light by GM if I recall. It's sorta like a parking light/marker light, not the true DRL (as that's the amber turn signal below that stays on in DRL mode). I believe it's just a 194 bulb.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Oh Crap... Your right ^^^ I read daytime running light and thought "day time running light"... Yep. that one you have to remove the headlight assembly, and to do that you have to remove the front facia...
    O.P. you may try taping on the light assembly before you go through with replacing it, my 06 lights would not come on about 50% of the time until I gave them a good tap with the palm of my had. This is a common problem from what I've read on the forum.

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

I fixed mine it took 1hr to do so I just unplugged the other one never need to do that again. They look bad any way.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

I kinda like them. I wish they were LED though (to keep up with the Jonses in the luxury car world).

But, yea, a PITA to replace. The front fascia/bumper cover has to come off (or at least loosened enough to allow removal of the headlight assembly). It will require loosening of the plastic shroud in the wheel well housing, and then be careful as you pull the fascia/bumper cover off as your headlight washer nozzles and plumbing are also still attached.

It might be worth waiting until you have a couple other bulbs to replace. I went through all this fun when I did some 6,000k bulbs.

Wow thanks for the input... I really don't wanna take off all that stuff to replace one light. CMNTMXR57 you used a 6,000k bulb? so its a bulb I can get and any auto parts store? And yes its the little bullet light in side the head light cluster... lower inner corner...

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Do a search for "Peanut Light", that's what I've seen it called quite often.

Looking at other STS's I'v noticed that light seems to be on the STS-v Only... and not on the standard STS... I'm kinda anal about lights and want them all to work I just didn't realize changing a light bulb could be such a big project...

1BadCadSTS is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Wrong. Same headlamps. We have them too and i put less in mine.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Yeah, we all have them. Go LED and be done with them for good.

LED? got a special design LED? I have used several LEDs on other Vehicles and I've noted several shape, size, and design differences. Because of the differences there are fitment issues with some size/designs. Do you have a part number? I wanna have the part first, before I continue.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.