Brand new front wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Brand new front wheel in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have one brand new in the box front (part # 9595789) wheel for the STS-V that we need to ...
    Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Brand new front wheel

I have one brand new in the box front (part # 9595789) wheel for the STS-V that we need to get rid of. we can sell it at GM cost plus the mandatory $50.00 core charge. it would be $600.00 plus a few dollars to get it to you. give me a call at 703-647-8670 if interested

PS GM list is $914.78.....
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Brand new front wheel

or make an offer......
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

GM has seen fit to drop the price on this wheel (they never do this, its allways raising prices) so the front STS-V wheel that I remain stuck with is now a meer $300.00 shipped!! brand new in the box, never mounted. please call 703-647-8670 between 730-4 Eastern. you guys know how rare your car is, parts wont be readily available forever you know....
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Guy Semenario had an issue. Not sure if it was a front though.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Thanks for remembering buddy. It was the rear though. They're going to redo all of them anyway.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

PM me. Want to make offer.

with GM dropping the price on this wheel the $300.00 is firm
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670

OMG-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V
    Just replaced my wheels. installed new set of freshly powder-coated (changed to black) wheels and 2 days later I'm getting the "service tire monitor" message. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

You have to relearn/resynch/reset the TPMS sensors.

Any tire shop will have a little electronic handheld unit to do this. Or you can do it yourself, but it can be a lengthy process. It involves getting the integration module into a learning mode, then deflating the front drivers tire a certain amount of PSI, it'll honk the horn letting you know it's picked up the change. Then you refill it and it'll again honk the horn to let you know it sees the additional PSI. Repeat the process working around the car from front to back. I'll have to remember how to get the module into pairing mode though. I do it through my Tech2, but there is a non-Tech2 way to do it also.

If doing this doesn't work, then you need new TPMS sensors most likely.

I really appreciate the 411. I was pretty concerned. I have not used these tires yet. They came with the car as the second set with winter rubber and I just had had them colored black. It looks AWESOME!! Thanks again.

raiders4u2nv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V Silver/ 2007 Escalade Silver/ 94 Corvette vert

Post a pic. Thinking of doing mine in black.

You MUST! I'm trying to post one but the size is always off.

----------

Even the center cap matches well. Even my wife noticed )

----------

The silver caliper now stands out so nicely I'm not sure I need to paint it red. I had reservations but glad did it.

----------

Just created an album.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

TPMS Sensor Matching Process
    Each TPMS sensor has a unique identification code. Any time you replace one or more of the TPMS sensors or rotate your vehicle’s tires, the identification codes
    will need to be matched to the new tire/wheel position.
    The sensors are matched to the tire/wheel positions in the following order: driver side front tire, passenger side front tire, passenger side rear tire, and driver side rear tire using a TPMS diagnostic tool. See your dealer/retailer for service.
    The TPMS sensors may also be matched to each tire/wheel position by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure. When increasing the tire’s pressure, do not exceed the maximum inflation pressure indicated on the tire’s sidewall. If using this method to match
    TPMS sensors, the complete procedure outlined below must be performed within 15 minutes of the vehicle being stationary.
    To decrease air-pressure out of a tire you can use the pointed end of the valve cap, a pencil-style air pressure gage, or a key.
    You will have one minute to match the first tire/wheel position, and five minutes overall, to match all four tire/wheel positions. If it takes longer than one minute to match the first tire and wheel, or more than five minutes to match all four tire/wheel positions, the matching process stops and you will need to start over.

The TPM matching process is outlined below:
    1. Set the parking brake.
    2. Press the push-button ignition switch to Acc.
    3. Using the keyless access transmitter, lock and unlock the vehicle’s doors.
    4. Press the lock and unlock buttons, at the same time, on the keyless access transmitter. A single horn chirp will sound, indicating that the TPMS is ready, and the sensor matching process
    can begin.
    5. Start with the driver side front tire.
    6. Remove the valve cap from the valve stem. Activate the TPMS sensor by increasing or decreasing the tire’s air pressure for five seconds, or until a horn chirp sounds. The horn chirp, which may take up to 30 seconds to sound, confirms that the sensor identification code has been matched to this tire position.
    7. Proceed to the passenger side front tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
    8. Proceed to the passenger side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
    9. Proceed to the driver side rear tire, and repeat the procedure in Step 6.
    10. After hearing the confirming single horn chirp for the driver side rear tire, a double horn chirp will sound to signal the tire matching mode is no longer active. Press the push-button ignition switch to Acc.
    11. Set all four tires to the recommended air pressure level as indicated on the tire and loading information label.
    12. Put the valve caps back on the valve stems.

----------

Didn't see it in the 2007 manual but I saw it on page 5-72 in the 2008 manual.
    Here's the manual I copied and pasted out of.
    http://www.vadengmpp.com/owners-manu...TS.pdf#page388

Thanks, Guy!

That's the process. I do believe step 6 though is reduce tire pressure in the tire by 5psi, not 5 seconds, but not entirely sure.

I just substituted steps 1 - 4 by using the T2.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.