Sts-v
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Sts-v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=10443 440HP? hmmm... sounds abit high after the 1000's of posts on various forums about over 400 being too tough ...
    CaddyGeek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Sts-v

http://www.cheersandgears.com/forums...howtopic=10443

440HP? hmmm... sounds abit high after the 1000's of posts on various forums about over 400 being too tough on the standard northstar internals.

Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

baf_ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Sts-v

If the internals ar forged then there will be no problem. I bet she goes for $62k or higher. Too bad GM prices Caddi's out of the market!

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

The northstar can support a large amount of power if setup right. The new ones have a forged steel crank.

CaddyGeek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

440 - 450 hp is a 50% increase... I don't think the crank was the issue: more like connecting rods. I hope it happens, just can't remember reading a rating as high as 440hp anywhere else.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by baf_ctsv
    If the internals ar forged then there will be no problem. I bet she goes for $62k or higher. Too bad GM prices Caddi's out of the market!

A "regular" Seville is in the 60s........the STS-V will be well into the 70s.

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT
    A "regular" Seville is in the 60s........the STS-V will be well into the 70s.
    There is no such thing as a Seville anymore. You mean the regular STS is in the 60's. They start at around $45k.

This thread is over on the STS side of things on this board. Yes it is 440hp. For more pics and info go to:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=28047

Quote Originally Posted by Crozier
    There is no such thing as a Seville anymore. You mean the regular STS......
    Thanks Dad.

Maybe your father SHOULD have taught you something about cars. Grow up.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Oh no! Someone said Seville!!!! Next thing you know someone will say....................Catera!

Give me a break. Whether Cadillac breaks ties with words for their cars or letters, everyone knows the S means Seville, the C means Catera and the D means DeVille. So what? I think someone is just a little touchy.

joshdctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 300c SRT-8

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho
    Next thing you know someone will say....................Catera!
    Damn you! Images of the duck return...

Lighten up guys

RobzBLKV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Oh no! Someone said Seville!!!! Next thing you know someone will say....................Catera!

Give me a break. Whether Cadillac breaks ties with words for their cars or letters, everyone knows the S means Seville, the C means Catera and the D means DeVille. So what? I think someone is just a little touchy.
    Wow. I never realized that, actually. I mean, there was a Seville LS and a Seville STS offered at the same time, wasn't there? It never occurred to me that I have a Caddy that zigs!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobzBLKV
    I mean, there was a Seville LS and a Seville STS offered at the same time, wasn't there?
    Yes there was. The "LS" was for luxury sedan, and the "TS" (firmer set-up and more power) is for touring sedan. The Eldorado had the same nomenclature for it's hot rod version, the ETC (touring coupe). The "LR" in the XLR name stands for luxury roadster.

For those CTS owners who want to separate themselves from the dreaded "Catera" name.........if anyone asks, just tell them CTS stands for Cadillac Touring Sedan. Works like a charm!

The Catera and the CTS have a lot more in common than the Seville and the STS. The Catera was rear wheel drive, and for some time shared the same engine and transmission with the CTS.

The Seville and the STS really have nothing to do with each other. Even the Northstar engine has been completely reworked. The STS is as all new as they come.

I loved the Seville and even owned 2 STS's and 1 SLS. Wonderful cars. However, the STS is definately not a Seville. Very, Very different character.

Bowen, since you've got all the letters figured and and what they stand for; care to enlighten us on what SRX means?

Quote Originally Posted by Crozier
    Bowen, since you've got all the letters figured and and what they stand for; care to enlighten us on what SRX means?
    No idea. If I had known, I would have listed it, smart ass.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.