Sts-v - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Sts-v in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by BowenCT No idea. If I had known, I would have listed it, smart ass....
    Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Re: Sts-v

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT
    No idea. If I had known, I would have listed it, smart ass.

Crozier is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Crozier
    Grow up.
    Bowen, I've never quoted myself before. In this case, it seems very appropriate.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

The Catera and the CTS have a lot more in common than the Seville and the STS. The Catera was rear wheel drive, and for some time shared the same engine and transmission with the CTS.

The Seville and the STS really have nothing to do with each other. Even the Northstar engine has been completely reworked. The STS is as all new as they come.

I loved the Seville and even owned 2 STS's and 1 SLS. Wonderful cars. However, the STS is definately not a Seville. Very, Very different character.

Bowen, since you've got all the letters figured and and what they stand for; care to enlighten us on what SRX means?
    Huh? That's funny since a few years back I almost bought a '94 Cadillac STS. Look, it seems everybody, according to focus groups, likes groups of letters and/or numbers for their upscale marques.

Cadillac has had no continuity or idea what to name their cars until the past couple of years. While they promoted their FWD STS years ago and gave the SLS monikers to the softer version, they had a DeVille, Eldorado and a Catera. Just over the past few years they started playing games with the DeVille calling it the DTS, DLS and the same goes with the Eldorado.

The universe which calls itself the STS isn't all-new. Some guys are rolling around in 1st year, early 90's pushrod powered STSs. '05 has a newly designed STS. Finally what an STS should be. Too bad they took over a decade to get it right.

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

care to enlighten us on what SRX means?
    SEVILLE Recreational X-over (Crossover)

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696
    Careful! Better hope you are correct or you chance being served-up a verbal tongue lashing from Mr. Crozier.

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696

68CoupeDeVille is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by baf_ctsv
    If the internals ar forged then there will be no problem. I bet she goes for $62k or higher. Too bad GM prices Caddi's out of the market!
    GM is finally pricing Caddy into the market. They're "luxury" cars. To compete in such a status-conscious segment you can't sell bargain cars. The gap will eventually be filled by Buick, don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by 68CoupeDeVille
    GM is finally pricing Caddy into the market. They're "luxury" cars. To compete in such a status-conscious segment you can't sell bargain cars. The gap will eventually be filled by Buick, don't worry.
    Exactly....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.