ZZP vs FrozenBoost FMHE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, ZZP vs FrozenBoost FMHE in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I'm looking to add the additional heat exchanger as many have done on here. I see a few people with ...
    Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

ZZP vs FrozenBoost FMHE

I'm looking to add the additional heat exchanger as many have done on here. I see a few people with the frozenboost 101 and others with the ZZP unit.

The ZZP unit appears to be 2-pass according to the website, but from others I've seen on the internet, it looks like its a single pass. Reading the website, it can be ordered in either configuration.

Its dimensions are:
    27 3/4" wide x 6 1/4" height x 2 1/16" thick

The Frozenboost certainly has both fittings on the same side, and is a 2-pass.

Its dimensions are:
    26" wide x 7" height x 3.5" thick

All in all, will these perform equally, and will any difference even be worth considering?

Code:
               Width     Height   Thick
    ZZP        27.75      6.25     2.0
    FB         26.00      7.00     3.5

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: ZZP vs FrozenBoost FMHE

With either one the big difference is the cooling aspect. Or should I say the time it takes to get from WOT to normal temps.

PGA, do you recommend the ports being on the same side for ease of install?

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

It does make it easier. It is a personal preference. I have the Flex-A-Lite 45321 (6 pass) that replaced the stock and added the Frozen Boost 101. Living in AZ I haven't had any issues in the summer heat. I usually run 20-30* above ambient for IAT2 temps but I can run back to back WOT runs within a minute of each other with the upgraded pump. The temps drop really fast and are back to normal within a minute.

Good to know. I'm going to just run the frozenboost unit for flexibility, and so I don't have that silly ZZP logo painted on there. (Also saves a few extra bucks) Thanks for the tips.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.