Anyone else ever have it stall after remote start?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Anyone else ever have it stall after remote start? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; This has happened to me twice now this winter: Remote start; starts; surges; idle hunts for a short time; stalls. ...
    carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Anyone else ever have it stall after remote start?

This has happened to me twice now this winter:

Remote start; starts; surges; idle hunts for a short time; stalls.

Then I can not remote start again.

Here was the sequence today:

Like above, then I get in and it starts fine. Let it run for maybe 10 seconds. Turn off. Then remote start again. It had a longer than normal crank time; started; surged again; rough idle for a short time, then was fine. Started fine the rest of the day (normal start - not remote).

It could just be a cold start issue of course, because I tend to remote start more in the winter. Anything different about remote start from regular start in terms of the engine (wouldn't think so)?

Scan tool says no codes stored. That seems weird to get no codes after a stall??

The temp this morning was around 25 to 30 degrees. I have remote started while colder with no issues.

I'm not taking it in unless it gets worse or sets a code. It would be pointless because they would have to keep it for a month and try it every day.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjeter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    How much gas did you have in the car?

3/4 full.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Anyone else ever have it stall after remote start?

Carter's_sts, I can definitely understand your perspective, and please let me know if you do decide to involve your dealership at any point. I'm happy to contact them on your behalf and/or check my resources for any recalls that may be open on your STS-V. Send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    I think it's a temperature thing. My dad and gf have aftermarket remote starts. And both have had it fail to start the car one of the last two mormings. It cranks and the heat blower, radio etc is on but it doesn't turn over.

My car started both mornings without incident. Could be a weak battery? They become woefully inefficient in this type of cold.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.