Drag radials?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Drag radials? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I know this is something the gen2 cts V and c6 Vette guys might know more about but thought since ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Drag radials?

I know this is something the gen2 cts V and c6 Vette guys might know more about but thought since many of you have other kick ass cars I may get some help here...
    I mentioned in another thread that my dad and I have taken his Vette down the 1320 and I would like to take my "new to me" 08 V down the strip to get some time slips for myself. After putting a set of daily driver tires on his car at the same 2k plus cost of rubber, I was able to find a set of take off's to mount drag radials. I've only been able to find 2 tires in 19". Nitto nt05's (325/30/19) and Mickey Thompson et's (305/35/19). Does anyone here have experience with either of these tires?
    I did browse the corvette forums but couldn't find much... Just looking for some insight before he spends 350-450 per tire.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pjeter is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I had the nittos on my v and they work great.. the tire profile looks small on the car. I couldn't drive it without taking the traction control off

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Drag radials?

If for the v they are too big and will not work. I had Bfg,s kdw2 on my car and loved them 1.8 60ft at the track. 295/35/19 any bigger tc/sc will not work.

These will actually be going on my Pop's Vette... I know this isn't really the place to be asking about Corvette tires but I know many of you have experiance with other cars. I don't want to join a Vette forum just to be able to search tire questions. I've done searches and the feedback is pretty neutral but there is $100 price diff.(per tire) in the two tires so I was hoping to get some feed back from people here. (I trust most of what I read on our forum)

1madstsv- I was going to run my stock pirelli's my first couple of trips in my V. What kind of improvment was 1.8 60' over stock tires, and e.t.?

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

2.0 1.99 stock 13.0 best to 12.8 with 1.8 60.

I run nitto invos on my vette 1.80 60 also on a 6 speed car 11.78 @ 120 I have 115 passes and 15000 miles on them now. And they are great in the rain also. And I auto cross on them too. Not so good in the cold but still not bad. I run 275/40/18 315/35/19 paid $1000 for them new.

Sweet... That is the kind of input I was hoping to get. Thanks!

Martyn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So if you guys had to pick a strictly drag track tire, what would it be and where would be the best place to get them from?

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Mickey Thompson 305/35/19. It's the only 19" size they have. Recommended for 10-12 inch rims but people have run them on 9.5s. If I were going to get drag tires these would be it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.