Got a chance to open her up.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Got a chance to open her up. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Well, finally got the chance to open up my new V tonight and now I'm even more impressed with this ...
    06 STS Rob is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

Got a chance to open her up.

Well, finally got the chance to open up my new V tonight and now I'm even more impressed with this car. Did a couple of standing starts in the industrial park near the house and hit the mountain road that I usually run my sport bike on. This machine really can run. As if I didn't love this car enough...she is every bit the car I was hoping for. Thank you Cadillac for getting it right.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    They are fun. My favorite thing to do is to put young punks in their Subarus, with their loud exhaust and huge spoilers, in their place.

Makes me laugh every time.

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Re: Got a chance to open her up.

This thread makes me sad. My V is sleeping the winter away in the garage. You are right that these cars can flat out run, I love the way they jump off the line.

About the only benefit to living in California these days is the weather. When the rest of the b.s. laws and regulations keep trying to bring us down, I can at least get in my car and rip her around to put a smile on my face...even in the dead of winter.
    I love to hear the sc when you really stand on it. Looking at doing the D3 intake and tune for a little extra power. TimmyC is just too far away.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

The Spectre is cheaper, or Tim also makes one.

V-whip is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I took this vid about a month or so ago, hope you guys like it! You can hear that I couldn’t completely lay it down in the beginning because it was a little too cold but I think 25-100MPH in 9-10 seconds is pretty quick for a full sized caddy! Lots of fun to drive!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hammfYqGV_s

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

Quote Originally Posted by V-whip View Post
    I took this vid about a month or so ago, hope you guys like it! You can hear that I couldn’t completely lay it down in the beginning because it was a little too cold but I think 25-100MPH in 9-10 seconds is pretty quick for a full sized caddy!
    Your V sounds mean. What mods do you have?

60lb siemen injectors, intake, snakebite SC rebuild, trans rebuild from RPM and tune, hollowed cats, magnaflow exhaust with X pipe, custom heat exchange, and a few other lil things.

originalgarage is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '08 STS-V

i just got my '08 as well and it is a joy to drive. i'm still a little intimidated by the low end power (i've never owned a "fast" car before) but have got it going pretty fast on some open freeway. it pulls no matter what speed you start at. crazy.

how was it through the twisties? all of my other cars are lowered with various levels of performance suspension, so the stock suspension doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. i haven't pushed it in anything but a striaght line (with plenty of room in all directions just in case).

Quote Originally Posted by originalgarage View Post
    i just got my '08 as well and it is a joy to drive. i'm still a little intimidated by the low end power (i've never owned a "fast" car before) but have got it going pretty fast on some open freeway. it pulls no matter what speed you start at. crazy.

how was it through the twisties? all of my other cars are lowered with various levels of performance suspension, so the stock suspension doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in me. i haven't pushed it in anything but a striaght line (with plenty of room in all directions just in case).
    It hooked up through every turn without much understear at all. I expected it to feel heavy but it didn't. I know the road I was on very well and pushed it pretty good... The only thing that made me lift was the lack of feeling stable in the seat. I sat in the CTS V gen 2 and didn't like the race car feel of the seats but I understand the need. I still love the way the car feels on a daily basis so I wouldn't change them.
    My car came with new Oem perrelli run flats and they stayed hooked up as well.
    The tranny could use some help if you were to really want to "race" this car around. In sport mode it didn't shift well and the delay when shifting in manual mode will take some getting used to.
    Over all, the baddest car I have ever personally owned.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by originalgarage View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    It hooked up through every turn without much understear at all. I expected it to feel heavy but it didn't. I know the road I was on very well and pushed it pretty good... The only thing that made me lift was the lack of feeling stable in the seat. I sat in the CTS V gen 2 and didn't like the race car feel of the seats but I understand the need. I still love the way the car feels on a daily basis so I wouldn't change them.
    My car came with new Oem perrelli run flats and they stayed hooked up as well.
    The tranny could use some help if you were to really want to "race" this car around. In sport mode it didn't shift well and the delay when shifting in manual mode will take some getting used to.
    Over all, the baddest car I have ever personally owned.
    The stock suspension was developed by the GM Performance Division on the Nürburgring. It will hold its own without a problem. You will probably back off before it reaches it limits because taking turns at the speed this thing is capable, weighing north of 4,600lbs, makes you think it defies physics. As you said, you'll be sliding out of the seat by that point... It will inevitably under-steer, more so if you set your front tires PSI lower than the rears (as is recommended by GM). Equaling them out will cut down the under-steer a little. The OEM Pirelli's are decent tires for grip, but give an awful ride and are really expensive. I think the most popular tire here is the Continental DW and DWS depending on your location (summer vs all-season). They're surely the most bang for the buck and I'm probably on track to get 50k miles out of my front tires (rear's will only last 30...but that's my fault). Michelin Pilot Sport Plus A/S is a very grippy tire - more so than the Conti's but they command a premium and don't last as long. As for the transmission - There's no doubt that Cadillac knew this was a luxury car before it was a sports car. The delay in manual shifting is hard to get used to. Jesse Bubb at Wait4Me tuning has developed a wonderfully balanced transmission algorithm. Its smooth as butter in D, a bit firmer in sD and the shifts are faster and firmer still in manual mode. It also lets you short shift into 6th faster for improved mileage if you're putting around town and allows starts in 1st 2nd or 3rd gear (helpful if you get caught in snow).

Hope you guys both enjoy the car to its fullest, get it on a track one day!!

My Pop's and I will be hitting the track again soon. We took his C6 grand sport last year with my uncle and his srt caliber that he named the "drag-on wagon".
    We got the stock Vette on stock tires to cut 13.0 but just as we started feeling good about it, my uncle ripped an 11.98 out of the highly modified wagon on slicks....
    I want to get the stock time before doing any mods. I don't plan on doing much, just want to open up the breathing and a tuner. Not sure about doing any road coursing with her but my Pop is dying to get his GS on one considering that is what it was built to do.

I thought this car weighs in at 4230lbs Youngblood?

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    I thought this car weighs in at 4230lbs Youngblood?
    4,343 or 4,233lbs depending on what's being quoted. Add a tank of gas and me @ 170lbs and my car is 4,670lbs... plus an umbrella.

^^^
    True...true

Is there a specific temperature that our cars should run at? I posted a YouTube video on this thread and someone mentioned, (in the comment section on YouTube), that I made that run with a cold car... That is about as warm as my car gets.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.