Weird lack of power today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Weird lack of power today in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Anyone know what might have caused this? Today my V had a serious lack of power. It seemed like it ...
    carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Weird lack of power today

Anyone know what might have caused this? Today my V had a serious lack of power. It seemed like it had a regular V8, with no Supercharger. Stomped on it a few times and it just didn't seem right.

No CEL. No messages on the DIC. Acted like the Supercharger was not working. No Weird sounds, but also no Supercharger whine. It was running fine, not rough or anything. Just not its normal self.

Then, all of a sudden it was fine. Back to fantastic power and the Supercharger sounded great.

Any ideas? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: Weird lack of power today

Did you check to see if the belt broke? The car still runs normal when that happens.. Just feels really slow.

Yeah, belt looks good and tight. I drove it again and it was fine. I was starting to think I'm just crazy (which I am), but I was trying to show it off to a passenger. At first they said, yeah that's pretty good. Then when it was back to normal, they said WOW, now that's fast.

bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

You are not crazy. I have experienced this exact same thing. I've only owned my STS-V for about a month, but I recently picked it up from the dealer and noticed for about a day that it had no power. The next day I was going to do some diagnostics, but it was fine and had great power. No problems since then.

I guessed that maybe the dealer reflashed the ECU which cleared the keep alive memory and it had to relearn. Next time it happens I am going to put a data logger on there and see what's going on.

Brian

Interesting. The only thing I can think of that might have prompted it for me was a short time before I noticed it, I started to stomp on it, but someone changed into my lane and I had to back off real quick.

It was after that, but even happened after shutting it off for 45 minutes or so. I was thinking maybe the computer was holding it back for some reason, like when Stability Control kicks in, but again no messages.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Carter's_sts, I see you're already getting feedback from forum owners, so I wanted to let you know I'm available if the concern persists and you would like to involve a dealer. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com for further assistance, and I would happily set up a dealer appointment for you or call your dealer to follow up if your vehicle was in their shop.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thanks Katie. I have a good dealer and will get it there if I need to. Drove it quite a bit today and it was fine.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Is it possible it could be a sticking valve/cable?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carter's_sts View Post
    Thanks Katie. I have a good dealer and will get it there if I need to. Drove it quite a bit today and it was fine.
    That's great to hear, carter's_sts! Thanks for the clarification, and please do let me know if you have any future questions I can investigate for you.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.