CPO Warranty Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, CPO Warranty Question in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have a question. This is my first GM product, and I dropped my STS-V off for warranty work because ...
    bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

CPO Warranty Question

I have a question. This is my first GM product, and I dropped my STS-V off for warranty work because the rear LED brake light is burned out, the power steering pump is whining, and the cats have a bad odor after the car is run for a while.

The dealership called me back and said that I would have to pay a $200 diagnostic fee to have these items looked at. If they turn out to be covered, some or all of that fee will go away. Is this normal, or should I find a different dealer. The fee breaks down to $40 to diagnose a bad break light, $50 to diagnose the catalytic converter, and $100 to diagnose the power steering pump. I wouldn't pay an independent repair shop that much for what I consider to be pretty basic diagnostics, but I feel like I am stuck with the CPO taking it to the dealership.

I just want to know if this type of diagnostic fee is normal, or if I should find a different GM dealership.

Thanks,
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

Re: CPO Warranty Question

my dealer doesnt do that--if its covered under CPO they just fix it--id call another dealer--if its where you bought the car call the sales guy

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I have never been charged "up front" with any diagnostic fee, either under the factory warranty or my GMPP. Just sayin'.

Bob

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    No up front costs in my experience or costs at all.

carter's_sts is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    They should not be charging you a dime under CPO. I would lose them and report them to the district office. Even if that's technically allowed, its lame.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Brian, I just wanted to let you know I'm available if you would like me to contact your dealership to follow up on your concerns or locate alternative dealers in your area. Email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com, and I can investigate!

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

thanks for the replies. It's there for now so I'll let the conclusion of this experience determine if I work with that dealership again or not.

Katie, I sent you two emails today, let me know if you received them.

Brian

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    I had a Cadillac dealer give me the same type of upfront crap like that ... I walked out the door and never went back.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bjherron123 View Post
    thanks for the replies. It's there for now so I'll let the conclusion of this experience determine if I work with that dealership again or not.
    Katie, I sent you two emails today, let me know if you received them.
    Brian
    Thank you for your prompt response, Brian! I received your emails and am going through my email queue today; I'll be sure to reply by tomorrow morning (12/19) at the latest.

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.