New V owner with some concern...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New V owner with some concern... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys, just picked up an 08 V on Friday and wow...I love it. Traded in my 06 v6 that ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

New V owner with some concern...

Hey guys, just picked up an 08 V on Friday and wow...I love it. Traded in my 06 v6 that was loaded with all the good stuff. This bad boy puts it to shame.

Now for my concern. I've searched for remote start issues here but haven't found any solutions. The option is on under the settings but the car doesn't start. I press the lock button, then hold the start button and the lights flash but the car doesn't start.
    The next one is the auto door locks. The car has not been locking itself once off and doors are closed. It locked a couple of times but I would say its a 50/50 thing.
    The car has under 50k and is still under power train warranty but I'm sure neither of these will be covered.

To be honest, I don't mind locking my own doors and not having remote start in order to have this ride but it does kinda suck cause I know these should.

Back to the good stuff. She's silver with 2 tone black and grey interior, chrome factory wheels, and previous owner was a woman who seems to have babied it. Not a nick in the wheels, paint and interior is pretty much spotless. Looking forward to driving it for years to come.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    Congrats on your purchase. Check the valet switch in the glove box for the remote start thing. There are a number of other things that will keep the remote start from working, like the hood being ajar, but you would know that. I forget what the other things are. You might check the manual.

Not sure about the auto lock issue.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Re: New V owner with some concern...

look trough the navigation I think personal settings. and valet switch of course congrats on your new V

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

You need to hit the lock 2 time not one then hold till it starts. As for auto lock you do have the fob at least 50 ft from the car when you try it right not still in you pocket?

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

If the check engine light is on out won't start either. It is getting the signal to start since it flashes the lights. Something is preventing it.

One press of the lock button is all you need. I have that auto-lock nonsense turned off on my car but I've had it lock when I was right next to it before that.

Yeah...I'm doing the same thing I was doing with my 06, but the remote start isn't working. My 06 used to lock itself with me right next to the car, even when I had the trunk open. I've now noticed that the steering wheel exit location isn't working. Starting to think the nav unit needs to be replaced???
    No check engine light and the vallet is off...

I only hit lock one time and remote start works fine.

I also have auto lock after 10 seconds of all doors closed. I love it because I never have to take the fob out of my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by 1madstsv View Post
    You need to hit the lock 2 time not one then hold till it starts. As for auto lock you do have the fob at least 50 ft from the car when you try it right not still in you pocket?

----------

You might try the pull battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds reset procedure.

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

All the gm cars I have with auto start I must hit the lock 2 time then hold the start button. 06 v/2011 3500 2011 suburban. New jeep I moved today I had to hit the start button 2 times same with the new fords and vw,s.

Hmm. Yeah I've heard people say that before, but both my STSs (06 AWD and 06 V) only require 1 press of the lock. I do it that way all the time, including today on the V.

----------

FYI, from the owner's manual.........No mention of hitting the lock twice.........

Remote Vehicle Start
    This feature allows you to start the engine from outside
    the vehicle.
    /(Remote Start): To start the vehicle using the
    remote start feature, do the following:
    1. Aim the remote keyless access transmitter at the
    vehicle.
    2. Press the transmitter’s lock button, release it, and
    then immediately press and hold the transmitter’s
    remote start button for at least three seconds or until
    the vehicle’s turn signal lamps flash. The vehicle’s
    doors will be locked.
    3. When the vehicle starts, the parking lamps will turn
    on and remain on while the vehicle is running.
    4. Repeat Steps 1 and 2 while the engine is still
    running to add 10 minutes of engine running.

I'm going to try to disconnect the battery tomorrow morning. I've done everything to the owners manual with no results.

With the seat (steering wheel) memory, remote start, and auto locks not working, what are the chances of the nav causing this? I've read of problems with the nav in these cars but never had any with my 06.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

I'm sorry to see the concern persists after troubleshooting, 06 STS Rob! If you have any questions in the meantime, or would like assistance working with a Cadillac dealer to resolve your concerns, please email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

Thank you Katie.
    I was doing some more reading and comparing and I think I've found the problem... Started the car this morning and paid attention to the greeting. No greeting appeared at start up. I believe my fobs need to be programmed to 1&2. I will go through the programming steps and hope that does the trick.

Well, now I'm F-Ed! I used the process in the owners manual and have cleared the fobs in order to program #1&2 fobs. I have gone through all the steps, but once it says ready for fob 1... Nothing happens. I waited for the beep indicating that it was programmed but nothing. I now have no fobs programmed and no way to start my car.
    Can anyone help clear up the process for me. Once at ready for fob 1 what do I do, just leave the fob in the pocket until it reads ready for fob 2 then press unlock twice?
    I've now spent over an hour dealing with this and am ready to break something!

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2006-a-4.html

check post #48. I used the same steps when i switched to 08 style fobs.

Thank you fast lane! Important part left out....put the key back into fob in order to program fob. Now my fobs are 1&2, all functions are working, including remote start, auto lock, and seat memory. Thanks for all the help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.