What's the most HP out of an STS-V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, What's the most HP out of an STS-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; All of the above lol....
    1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: What's the most HP out of an STS-V?

All of the above lol.
    GizmoQ and GizmoQ like this.

PORGUY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06' STS V

I completely understand about the potential of the CTS V2...its a toned down version of the ZR1....thats obvious...
    I was just thinking if I could atleast basline line the stock hp of it in the STS V I could have my cake in a much less expensive package..

That what I did with two Stsv now. I could afford a Ctsv 2 that's not my issue I just don't like them they are cheep on the in side. I'm coming out of a v12 BMW that was 100k new and was solid right up to when I sold it with 118k on it. V2 are falling apart from new must be all the power in a car ment for a v6.

Guy.Seminerio is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville

With all this extra power people in the forum are getting out of their STS-Vs, with injectors and smaller pulleys, and even turbos, I have a couple of questions: Anybody have some 0-60 and quarter mile times after mods? Do these mods mean permanent check engine lights? Are there reliability issues?

No check engine lights if car is tuned right. I was running 18.5 psi for over 2 years and the engine and trans held up fine. I recorded 0-60 times of 4s to 4.5 on the street with the tires trying to brake loose the whole time. My car ran a 1/4 mile time of 12.1 @114 making it the quickest/ fastest Stsv. 0-60 at the track was 3.8s. Timmyc turbo car did run 120+ mph in the 1/4 mile but that was with a turbo mine was with the suppercharger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxwxi...e_gdata_player
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlAoN...e_gdata_player
    Car at the track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiMX5...e_gdata_player
    Go to 3:15 to see the 0-60 time of 4.2.

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Most of us don't beat on them at the track.

In my defense, my tuner said "One, maybe two, really good launches and the rear diff will shatter like glass." At last year's CTS-V Shootout, I rolled into the throttle and made a pass at 12.873 @110.5 with a 2.134 60ft. I suspect if I put on drag radials, with my race tune, pull out all the stops, and all the stars aligned - I could beat 1madstsv's 12.14@114 1.89 60ft, but I'm too much of a chicken to try it.
    1madstsv and 1madstsv like this.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Come on now it's only $$$$$ lol.
    FYI I was still on street tires.

impressive. OK then next set of questions, and just to inform whoever is answering, this is a daily driver. If I'm going to modify, and reliability is a HUGE issue, should I stay away from turbos since it seems like not many people have messed with them? Can I have it turbocharged and supercharged at the same time? Assuming I won't be doing the work myself, what am I looking at spending? An other concern for me is maintaining the civility of the car stock, so in other words, I don't want there to be a lot of extra noise in the cabin, or waking my neighbors up when I pull in. with that in mind, I imagine the exhaust shouldn't be touched? what would be the order of operations here? fuel injectors first?, etc etc. what would be the cost of each step of the way, and what would be the gains of each step? Durability is an issue to me as well, so talk rear diff as well. Like i said, this is a daily driver that I ring out on a whim whenever I get that feeling, so if I'm looking at any potential reliability issues, it's not the mod for me. I also understand the way to go would be to get with certain people on this forum to actually have them do the mods because they're experts. Anybody anywhere near NC? Alright thanks. Oh and remember, I'm relatively dumb with all this so baby talk. Thanks again.

bigburban is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Sts-v 2008

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Here is what I would do if I were starting with a stock car:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...r-upgrade.html heat exchanger upgrade for cooler air temps and faster recovery times. No tune changes required.

Then I'd do:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...leys-here.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-v-intake.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...le-bodies.html

and 60lb injectors. I have new Siemens 60s for $320. I'd do all this at the same time because tuning changes are required. I provide info on what to change. You just have to find someone to flash the computer with HPtuners

Then I would do headers

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...4-headers.html The only tune change required for headers is to delete the rear O2 sensor codes. This can be done when you do the changes for the injectors, intake, etc

All these mods will put you at 450+rwhp and 440+rwtq.

My car ran 12.65 @ 115mph on all season street tires. Stock STS-Vs run low 13s at 105mph or so. That extra 10mph shows a HUGE gain in power. Better tires would take several tenths off the time too.

No check engine lights for any of these mods if the tune changes I specify are implemented. My car drives just like stock other than the power difference.

Some of us have broken axles from wheel hop. I broke mine with the turbo at the track as a result of wheel hop. That's really the only thing you have to watch out for with increased power.

Timmy thanks for taking the time with the thorough response. I'm probably doing something wrong here but all those links led me to a caddyforums page that said "Invalid Page Specified." So it seems like I'll stay away from turbo so I don't run the risk of a broken axle. Now, when I'm ready to have the mods done, I really don't want to cut costs at the expense of reliability. In other words, when I'm spending $$ anyway, I might as well do it right even if it means spending a little more. So for example, you said you have Siemens injectors. Is that top of the line stuff? That line "my car drives like stock other than the power difference" is exactly what I want to hear. You got the right idea as to what I'm looking for here. Now, any idea what I'd be looking at spending on getting all this done? And where should I take it to have it done? Thanks for your time guys.

----------

Oh and I wonder what that twin turbo STS-V is pushing. That's pretty interesting. The link that led to the video on that site didn't work for me. I'm a technology retard as you all can see.

todrules is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I'm still on the fence of doing a pulley, heat exchanger, TB and larger injectors since my extended warranty will be up this month. I currently have a w4me tune, intake and Corsa exhaust. I have no problem doing the mods, and would probably make sense to do it all at once, my only concern is tuning. I don't know squat about tuning, I suppose being a mechanical engineer I could figure it out with some reading, I obviously understand air fuel ratios and such, but I don't want to end up going too lean, that's why I would prefer a pro who does this for a living. I haven't found a tuner in my area who has done any STS-V's, the couple I've talked to know vettes and CTS-V's. If someone had a base mail order tune for these mods so I could safely get my car to a reputable tuner to get it on a dyno, I would feel alot more comfortable pulling the trigger.

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by Guy.Seminerio View Post
    Timmy thanks for taking the time with the thorough response. I'm probably doing something wrong here but all those links led me to a caddyforums page that said "Invalid Page Specified." So it seems like I'll stay away from turbo so I don't run the risk of a broken axle. Now, when I'm ready to have the mods done, I really don't want to cut costs at the expense of reliability. In other words, when I'm spending $$ anyway, I might as well do it right even if it means spending a little more. So for example, you said you have Siemens injectors. Is that top of the line stuff? That line "my car drives like stock other than the power difference" is exactly what I want to hear. You got the right idea as to what I'm looking for here. Now, any idea what I'd be looking at spending on getting all this done? And where should I take it to have it done? Thanks for your time guys.

----------

Oh and I wonder what that twin turbo STS-V is pushing. That's pretty interesting. The link that led to the video on that site didn't work for me. I'm a technology retard as you all can see.
    I just fixed the links, sorry about that.

Siemens injectors are top tier.

My parts can all be installed by the DIYer if desired. I don't have any suggestions on shops to do the work.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by todrules View Post
    I'm still on the fence of doing a pulley, heat exchanger, TB and larger injectors since my extended warranty will be up this month. I currently have a w4me tune, intake and Corsa exhaust. I have no problem doing the mods, and would probably make sense to do it all at once, my only concern is tuning. I don't know squat about tuning, I suppose being a mechanical engineer I could figure it out with some reading, I obviously understand air fuel ratios and such, but I don't want to end up going too lean, that's why I would prefer a pro who does this for a living. I haven't found a tuner in my area who has done any STS-V's, the couple I've talked to know vettes and CTS-V's. If someone had a base mail order tune for these mods so I could safely get my car to a reputable tuner to get it on a dyno, I would feel alot more comfortable pulling the trigger.
    The tune changes for the injectors and TB are pretty basic plus I provide the info. Any tuner familiar with late model GM motors can do it.

I sell complete tunes for $250 if you have HPtuners. Engine and trans.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

GIZ... yeah, putting on drag radials would be almost asking for an exploding diff
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I'm not a high HP guy, but I'm in Charlotte area.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.