08 STS-V $31k
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 08 STS-V $31k in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Hey guys, I have been looking (on-line) at this 08 sts-v with right around 50k miles for a few weeks ...
    06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

08 STS-V $31k

Hey guys,
    I have been looking (on-line) at this 08 sts-v with right around 50k miles for a few weeks now. It's listed at $31k currently. I did the car fax check on it and found that it's a 2 owner FL car that was bought at action and brought to CA. Other than failing the smog, it's a clean record car. I'm assuming since it's being sold at a dealer, the smog was taken care of. Any thoughts on this deal, good or bad? Are there things I should pay close attention to if I go to look at it. Any known problems with the tranny of rear ends on the 08 V?
    I currently have an 06 v-6 with all the options, so I know what to expect with the interior features. I bought my 06 with dreams of owning a V, just wasn't able to financialy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

Re: 08 STS-V $31k

I looked at 2 08 V-s that were both around 40-50K miles for $26 - $27K. I think you have some room to negotiate.

Yeah, the KBB is right around $31k but I haven't seen any V's for a while in my area. There's only one other listed within 100miles from me but it's got 90k miles.

bjherron123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 STS-V

how about this one

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...34806802&Log=0

or this one
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...33818325&Log=0

or this one. this is an 08, they offered it to me for $26,400, but would probably take less
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...26884170&Log=0

Quote Originally Posted by bjherron123 View Post
    how about this one

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...34806802&Log=0
    IN
    or this one
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...33818325&Log=0
    OR
    or this one. this is an 08, they offered it to me for $26,400, but would probably take less
    http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...26884170&Log=0
    NJ
    I'm in So.Cal. but thank you. These will give me some good numbers to show the dealer when I try to work the price down.
    Anybody have tips on what to look for on the V's. Known problems??? I found on one site that the 08 is the only year that had a problem with the timing chain.....is there any truth to this?

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    NJ
    I'm in So.Cal. but thank you. These will give me some good numbers to show the dealer when I try to work the price down.
    Anybody have tips on what to look for on the V's. Known problems??? I found on one site that the 08 is the only year that had a problem with the timing chain.....is there any truth to this?
    I don't know of any problems on the Vs that are not problems on the other V8s. Mostly cats and wheel hubs. I've not heard of any timing chain problems.

Great. Thanks for the input. Now I just have to get home so I can go take a look at this one.
    I did the hubs on my 06 and they're an easy fix, I'm sure the V will be the same. How pricey are the cats? I know the newer models have an emissions waranty to around 80k miles don't they?
    I've really been wanting a V, hope this all works out.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4
    You will love having a V. I had my regular STS for a few years before I got the V. When I first drove it I literally said WOW. It was like night and day.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by 06 STS Rob View Post
    Great. Thanks for the input. Now I just have to get home so I can go take a look at this one.
    I did the hubs on my 06 and they're an easy fix, I'm sure the V will be the same. How pricey are the cats? I know the newer models have an emissions waranty to around 80k miles don't they?
    I've really been wanting a V, hope this all works out.
    They all have the 8/80 emissions warranty. You can always buy headers if the cats go bad...

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

had my 08 for 3 years now--- id check the lane departyre warning , and tire pressure gaugees. Also my pass mirror snappped off--- Nav system/radio ws replaced twice--if yo have dynamic speed control make sure it works--and last but not least make sure the ehated wheel works all around--they cant fix it, but at least you can get price down.Price is a litle high--see if they will throw in whatever time is leaft on CPO warranty from dealer

Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post
    had my 08 for 3 years now--- id check the lane departyre warning , and tire pressure gaugees. Also my pass mirror snappped off--- Nav system/radio ws replaced twice--if yo have dynamic speed control make sure it works--and last but not least make sure the ehated wheel works all around--they cant fix it, but at least you can get price down.Price is a litle high--see if they will throw in whatever time is leaft on CPO warranty from dealer
    Thank you for this. I know there are a few things from my 06 that I will be looking at as well... i.e. rear "ashtray" doesnt open and close, memmory mirrors have a mind of their own... ect.

How is it that your mirror "snapped off" no real way to inspect that is there? I'll have to look into the DSC to see how it works. I'm not familiar with what that is.

Yeah, if the heated wheel doesn't work it won't bother me living in So.Cal. but that would be a good thing to point out.

I have $29k in my head if everything works and the factory warranty is good. That still only leaves me with apx 6 months on the power train... We'll see if it works out once I get off this freaking island and get home to go check it out.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

i meant to sat vanity mirror snapped off
    Quote Originally Posted by torched10 View Post

FamofV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

I say check it out. I'm from SoCal too and had to go out to Las Vegas to find a V. 29k is not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FamofV View Post
    I say check it out. I'm from SoCal too and had to go out to Las Vegas to find a V. 29k is not bad.
    How was it getting in to pass CA emissions? I've wondered about getting cars out of state, i.e. AZ and NV but have bee worried about that.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by FamofV View Post
    How was it getting in to pass CA emissions? I've wondered about getting cars out of state, i.e. AZ and NV but have bee worried about that.

FamofV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

Actually,passing CA emissions was easy. I had a difficult time registering the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.