tinted windows
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, tinted windows in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have a 2006 STS V with factory tinted windows. I was pulled over by the Pa State Police on ...
    PJR436 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V,,64 DeVille conv

tinted windows

I have a 2006 STS V with factory tinted windows. I was pulled over by the Pa State Police on the Pa turnpike..He said my tinted windows are illegal,,I told him they came with the car ( car was from Florida ) on the tint it states GM 70 % ,, Did anyone else have a problem like this . I have 10 days to remove the tint. I live in PA..thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: tinted windows

Factory tint is in the glass and can not be removed. You have after market tint. And I'm betting you have a silver car. I have 15% on rear windows and 35% on front 2 and have never had any issues.

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Give us more info, what did he say your % tint read? Can you roll down your windows and see a line that goes clear to dark? Also If they are super dark they aren't factory. Only suv 's rear windows come tinted from the factory but they are dipped and can't be removed. Your car could be a Florida car but the previous owner tinted your car. Find out what your states legal % is and either pay to play or remove all together.

Pa is a 0% after market tint on front windows. It's a fine and they make you take it off. I have tint on all my car and never had an issue in pa yet knocking on wood now.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

http://www.berksweb.com/users/dmv/tint/

read through this. according to this site, 30% tint IS legal in PA. however, if you cant see inside the vechile it then becomes an issue. read this do what youd like.

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Mad you understand that the smaller the number the darker the tint. Limo is 5%. If PA is 0% then you couldn't get a ticket or a fine as that means that 0%= no light transmitted through the glass

O tint at all is what I ment. As in nothing after market.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i know what he meant, however that link seems to state otherwise. honestly, most states allow window tint, it depends on how the ticket it written and what the offense actually was. i get pulled over all the time for looking like a drug dealer bc i look young and drive nice cars. they always give me bs tickets that get dropped in court. (excluding when i actually the law, speeding only, which is often. lol)

PJR436 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V,,64 DeVille conv

my sts v is Raven blk.... on window it says Laminated GF dot 57 m 1502 AS 2 trans 70 % min Saint -Gobain Sekurit 43R -00043 GM E-5

The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by PJR436 View Post
    my sts v is Raven blk.... on window it says Laminated GF dot 57 m 1502 AS 2 trans 70 % min Saint -Gobain Sekurit 43R -00043 GM E-5
    Just because it says 70% on the glass doesn't mean you don't have aftermarket tint. The stock glass is dip-tinted to 70% light transmission. The previous owner of your car may have (actually, VERY LIKELY) had tint film applied, which further decreases the light transmission.

You say the car is from florida, thus i'm led to believe it probably DOES have aftermarket tint as the vast majority of nice cars down there have aftermarket tint.

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

You all skipped over the most important part. The officer just said to you "you're windows are too dark." And gave you a ticket. He didn't measure the opacity. His ticket is based on his own opinion/observation, not any hard evidence. Fight that ticket.

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car

Do you have some photos of your car / windows?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.