awww snap!! anti wheel hop anyone?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, awww snap!! anti wheel hop anyone? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; just got off the phone with gforce engineering, the makers of the anti wheel hop kit for the cts-v. they ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

awww snap!! anti wheel hop anyone?

just got off the phone with gforce engineering, the makers of the anti wheel hop kit for the cts-v. they said they would love to make a kit for use STS guys!! heck yeah! only issue, they would need a car for a few weeks to do the r and d for the kit. since my daily is still getting a head gasket replaced (been freaking months..) i dont have a spare currently, figured id let everyone know about this and see if anyone else is interested.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Re: awww snap!! anti wheel hop anyone?

I wish I were in Oklahoma. They make excellent stuff (as well as the GTO anti-hop kit, cryo stubs, half-shafts, etc). I have their single piece aluminum driveshaft and billet 1350 U-Joint conversion in my GTO.

im working on getting a carbon fiber drive shaft designed also with a different company. g force is in wichita KS though. i plan on taking my car up there in a few months and dropping it off to get this done if no body else has done it yet. price doesnt change for R&D just need the car to get the splines and stuff right.

CMNTMXR57 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Pontiac GTO, 1999 Chevrolet Suburban LT 4x4

Kansas, sorry. I knew it was down there somewhere...

Are you going to have a single piece designed?

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V
    Leaving for Colorado in the morning but could always drop the car off in Kansas on the way home. Im in Tulsa....

going to try to have a single piece drive shaft done up. thta will take a bit longer, since its composite and load testing and such.

ari, drop it off. they said it would be either 550 for the a new bar to replace factory OR 1100 for a new setup. whichever is needed to fix the issue. they have never looked at one so dont know what would need to be replaced and all that just yet.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Good job Boomys. Thanks Ari for the test vehicle. I wouldn't change my drive shaft but would be interested in the asymmetrical halfshafts. Thanks to a little input from Ryan on tire pressure & weight I have a pretty good handle on wheel hop but it would be nice to elminate it (or most of it).

the drive shaft is ready to be worked up also, just need some photo of the underneath of the car to email to my contact. ill be taking some tonight with my camera phone and sending tmrrw or the next day. if anyone has any please post them up and ill just send over that way.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

boomys, did Gforce ever get anywhere with the asymmetrical rear axles for the STS V?

they never got a test car. lol. i cant give mine up for a few weeks currently. if anyone has a car they can part with then they are still willing to do it. i have to wait until the mortgage sales job starts getting consistant before i buy anything else.

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Mine is in storage now - but I'm not so sure I wanna drive to Kansas and then fly back...

common issue. lol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.