Heated wheel
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Heated wheel in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Is it the whole steering wheel that heats up or just the top portion 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock?...
    cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Heated wheel

Is it the whole steering wheel that heats up or just the top portion 9 o'clock to 3 o'clock?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Heated wheel

my whole wheel does. sounds like you might have the issue many have had of it starting to go out on you.

No bueno. I'll have to see what the dealer thinks of this. How does only part of the steering wheel not heat up

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    What's the parameters for this? It was about 50 degrees outside I hit the button, it illuminated for a moment then went off and I could not get it to illuminate again

Jailtime is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 95 Sierra Z71

My whole wheel heats up. Works even if it's 90 degrees outside. Not going to cry too much when it goes out, 'cause I'm not driving the V in the winter.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I notice mine heats up mostly at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 positions. I find it ironic that there is no noticeable 'warmth' at the 10&2 positions. This just means I'll be 1-handing the top of the wheel while I'm cruisin...

YoungBlood_STSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Yikes, looks like more and more of these heating elements are starting to fail...and just in time for winter!

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    What's the parameters for this? It was about 50 degrees outside I hit the button, it illuminated for a moment then went off and I could not get it to illuminate again
    Mine stays illuminated until I hit the button again or turn the car off. Sounds like yours is starting to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by cstarky15 View Post
    No bueno. I'll have to see what the dealer thinks of this. How does only part of the steering wheel not heat up
    GM stopped making the wheel and the 2008-2009 wheels don't work with 2006-2007 cars. There's been a couple of guys here who have successfully fought for some reimbursement. But GM is going to tell you "it's not a safety issue so you can live without a heated wheel." It sucks, but we don't have many options here...Use google to search out some of the older threads. One guy claimed he was given an STS wheel and that worked but everyone was confused as to how...I never read a follow up from him describing the install.

Well I guess a dealer trip will be taking place soon, heated wheel issue, blind side warning only works one side at a time or not at all, and cold start squeaks .

I have an appointment for Tuesday. Will get back with what they say. Any one else have issues with their tmps? Mine will show all -- front Rt -- but when I bring it in they are working...

Sounds like your batteries may be getting weak

Let's what I keep telling the dealer but when I bring it in they all work. They are covered under cpo so I want to get them done.

If possible take a long enough drive where they start not to work before you go into the dealer. In the past I have stopped at a dealer to show them the problem so it's documented that the item is non operational or failing and then drop it off at a later date

Update: got a call from the dealer they are going to order me a new wheel... (I played dumb as I know it can't be done) and will find out what they say when I pick the car up in 30 minutes. I was also told that the injectors need to be cleaned. Why is this and why are they saying it isn't covered when the injectors are covered under cpo?

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

ive had good luck at Hennessey Caddy in duluth--not so with Capital---i like Heritage in morrow as well

They said since the injectors aren't failed yet, just getting plugged that's why they aren't covered. Was told to come back in a week and say the additive did nothing and they will replace them. Also my advisor told me the wheel should only be two weeks but could be longer since they come from new York and they are flooded. right on my repair order says the wheel is discontinued..why lie?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.