Heated wheel - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Heated wheel in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 Mine is scheduled tenatively to go in to Heritage on Wednesday, I wanted to get it ...
    The Raven is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Heated wheel

Quote Originally Posted by CMNTMXR57 View Post
    Mine is scheduled tenatively to go in to Heritage on Wednesday, I wanted to get it on for Monday, but have to work so... Regardless, taking it on on Wednesday is simply their initial, "Yup, it's broken, lets see what we can do..." appointment.

It's going in for;
    - Heated steering wheel inoperative
    - leaking differential around the halfshaft seals
    - Lower trim on drivers side of dash broken and mis-aligned
    - third brake light lens, on drivers side, is popping out of the spoiler (I know this will be a special order item, and if it's the whole spoiler, I'm sure it will need to be painted to match, which adds additional time/complexity to something simple). Upon initial investigation, it looks like it's all one unit that needs to be replaced. If they can just replace the 3rd brake light, all the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by LEGACY_GN View Post
    Me too. I love the car but it's a piece of shit. 4th Cadillac and all I can think is how I should have kept the escalade or the CTS V before that. My heated steering wheel doesn't work, shift linkage screws up, engine temp sensor goes out on occasion and motor mounts are broke, all of which apparently are quite common. I'm just going to drive the piece of shit into the ground till the new Grand National hits in two years.
    Sounds like this is the first premium automobile experience for both of you. My german-car owning friends would consider your issue-lists to be pretty average for their bi-annual visits to the dealer. They just hand the car to the dealer, and say "fix it and send me the bill".

I certainly wouldn't disagree when you tell me "that's not how it should be"...that's absolutely right. Unfortunately that's how it is. My two Cadillacs have both been models of reliability in comparison to any German car owned by anyone i've known.

But, if you want lower maintenance cars, Buick is definitely in the right direction.

LEGACY_GN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National

Not even close Raven. I had a 98 Lincoln Navigator, 2000 Excursion Limited, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2007 Escalade Esv and this 2006 STS-V. My CTS-V went through 3 drive shafts, 2 navigation units, and numerous other electronics issues ranging from cruise control not working to sunroof to climate control. My STS-V so far seems to actually be better, which is sad. GM cars have always been junk with electronics. Motors never seem to die no matter what, but everything else does. My 87 Buick Grand National is no different. I've replaced numerous electronic numerous times since I've owned it. I have just accepted GM cars are junk because I liked the cars. Strangely I've never had one problem with any of my SUV's, Ford or GM.

Ludacrisvp is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    2004 Cadillac CTS-V went through 3 drive shafts, 2 navigation units, and numerous other electronics issues ranging from cruise control not working to sunroof to climate control.
    My STS-V so far seems to actually be better, which is sad.
    Why are you sad about the STS-V doing better than the CTS-V?
    The CTS was entry level in 04 (even as a V it was still entry level luxury for a lot of its features), I've seen it argued that the STS was the flagship car of caddy in 2006 (some argue the DTS luxo barge was). So you should expect the STS-V to hold up better. The driveshaft issue... Well that could be due to the driver or performance mods or in 04 (the first year of the V) the driveshaft used wasn't up to the specs needed for the type of driver that was buying it. The STS-V is a very different machine from the 04 CTS-V, different platform entirely (I don't think the CTS and STS line share any parts) not to mention the STS-V having hand built motors that had more care involved than the CTS-V.

Personally Lincoln doesn't count in the luxury market for me, at least nothing that old does. Their newer line up actually looks like they are trying to live up to the luxury brand they claim to be.

Also a ford excursion will never ever be considered a luxury / premium vehicle.

It's sad because the STS-V has been a headache of it's own problems. Honestly, I don't think it needs to be premium or luxury to be junk, but I was pointing out regardless of how you feel about Lincoln or the Excursion they both had tons of state of the art electronics that can go wrong just like our Cadillacs, although nothing did go wrong with them. My Escalade is also a model of reliability with tons of electronics and not one problem. The GM cars are just junk. I do agree my CTS-V was one of the first and they said that was the drive shaft problem. It was a two piece and the rubber mount in the middle would break up and the drive shaft would wobble and vibrate the whole car. Bad early design. But like I said, the electronics never cease to amaze me in their failure rates.

I really do love the car when you forget about the issues, although I dislike the automatic much more than I thought I would. Really miss shifting, especially with my Grand National also being an auto. All in all the STS-V is a much nicer car then the CTS-V, but still has electronics issues.

Not even close Raven. I had a 98 Lincoln Navigator, 2000 Excursion Limited, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, 2007 Escalade Esv and this 2006 STS-V.
    No that's exactly what I expected. The STS-V is a different league compared to all the other vehicles you mention. Before the STS-V, you had to go German to find this level of refinement and luxury. Thus the reason you will find alot of former (and current) BMW and Benz owners here...guys that wanted to buy American, but just couldn't get what they wanted in an American car. So when the STS-V debuted, they dove right in. The STS-V was Cadillac's first full-fledged attempt at chasing the Germans...the CTS-V did it in terms of performance, but not in everything else. The STS-V got Cadillac on the radar screens of the German automakers. Not surprisingly, it has the same kind of issues that the German cars it was chasing have.

Again, this isn't to justify all your problems, it's simply to illustrate the reality of playing in this league. Buick and Lexus are exceptions to this rule, but then neither of them offer the performance you can get from Cadillac, BMW, and MB.

I disagree. I think the CTS got Cadillac into the ball game and most automotive critics agree it was the game changer. It woke up the germans. The STS was just a furtherance of that. The STS rides on on the same sigma platform. I also disagree that anyone dove right in when the STS-V came out. It was essentially a failure. The STS-V and XLR-V are an also ran to the CTS-V. I love the car, but let's be honest. I do honestly think it may have some collector value in the future just because of how much cadillac put into it with the custom motor and it being the last cadillac powered car, and of course the rarity, but mine will have too many miles to matter and restoring them will be out of the question. Mine is a beautiful black with red interior though.

I disagree. I think the CTS got Cadillac into the ball game and most automotive critics agree it was the game changer. It woke up the germans. The STS was just a furtherance of that. The STS rides on on the same sigma platform. I also disagree that anyone dove right in when the STS-V came out. It was essentially a failure. The STS-V and XLR-V are an also ran to the CTS-V. I love the car, but let's be honest. I do honestly think it may have some collector value in the future just because of how much cadillac put into it with the custom motor and it being the last cadillac powered car, and of course the rarity, but mine will have too many miles to matter and restoring them will be out of the question. Mine is a beautiful black with red interior though.
    Then we shall have to agree to disagree I suppose. The CTS does not compete well at all in terms of NVH and features with German competition of it's time, whereas the STS-V nearly matches the M5 and e55 of it's era in most categories. The only place where the STS-V completely loses is desireability and resale value.

Also, I think anyone who believes the STS-V will ever achieve collector status is kidding themselves. Collector status is a very rare thing for premium sedans, even the long-worshipped German brands have extremely few cars that are highly sought after by collectors. The best I can say for the STS-V is that it's several tons of car for the money (these days).

Have you seen what Impala SS go for? Lingenfelter still builds them. I think with the prevalence of 4 door super cars you'll see some, but yeah, probably not the sts-v.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

when Caddy was in Atl for their track day last year i spoke with the chief engineer for the CTS V about my STS V--he told me they would introduce an XTS V after 2 years---might be interesting

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    XTS V...if so I hope it doesn't deflate the respect if the V badge, like Chevy throwing SS on non worthy vehicles

They'll never do that. The XTS is just a filler car based on the Chevy Impala until their budget can build a truly first rate flagship to compete with the germans. Its coming, they just needed something to fill the void for now.

They'll never do that. The XTS is just a filler car based on the Chevy Impala until their budget can build a truly first rate flagship to compete with the germans. Its coming, they just needed something to fill the void for now.
    I wouldn't expect to see a V-series entry for the XTS or ZTS (or whatever they call the upcoming flagship)...remember BMW doesn't have a 7-series M.

However, after getting the chance to drive a brand new XTS platinum last week when I picked up my car from inspection (friend of mine is GM master tech at local dealer), I can confidently say that anyone who discounts the XTS as a half-assed attempt needs to get out and drive it. NO ONE who has actually driven the car could honestly think it's any less than a great car. It certainly doesn't live up to Cadillac's recent performance bar...but in EVERYTHING ELSE it is flat out excellent. The car is BEAUTIFUL, and I would trade my STS-V for one in a second if the XTS was in my price range.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.