Cadillac Owners Forum banner

STS-V turbo kit

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TimmyC 
#1 ·
I'm selling the turbo kit that was on my car before I put the supercharger back on. Here are the details:

Exhaust parts

Factory exhaust manifolds with cats cut off and V-band flanges welded in place
304 stainless, fully back purged crossover pipe
New 67mm Precision turbo
New Precision 46mm waste gate
3" 304 stainless, fully back purged down pipe with cutout
single 3" in-dual 2.5" out Magnaflow resonator (your factory or aftermarket exhaust will be easy to attach here)

Intake parts

Aluminum lower charge tube from turbo
Air to air intercooler
Brackets to mount intercooler
Upper charge tube
Tial blow off valve
Manual boost controller
Throttle body relocation adapter
Intake manifold used on naturally aspirated Northstars

All clamps, couplers, and vacuum lines are included. Oil supply line and an oil pump along with hoses for turbo drainback is also included.

The only permanent mod to the car is one hole drilled in the oil filter housing for the oil supply line and very minor trimming to one fender liner and one other plastic panel under the car.

Installation would probably take a weekend or a bit longer for a decent mechanic, but no specialty tools are required, although a swivel socket makes removing the stock exhaust manifolds easier.

Supporting mods necessary are injectors and a tune. I will supply a base file and assist with tuning where I can. Dyno tuning will be needed to dial it in but the base tune should be close enough to make it easy.

Pics:

Crossover

Almost completed down pipe. (cutout was added later)

How it looks installed. That one worm-type hose clamp was for mock-up. All clamps are T-bolt or V-band.

Installed pic from underneath. The air filter was changed to something that fits better and a dry sock was added later to make sure water doesn't get sucked up. It works, no water problems daily driving it all summer.

This kit will make ridiculous power. 502rwhp/506rwtq at 13psi and 563/568 with cutout and air filter removed. My hptuners scans show small amounts of tire spin on the 3-4 shift at 114mph. Look at the green mph line, the squiggles in it where the red rpm line is dropping are tire spin. I didn't pick this particular log out just to show that either, it just happened to be open on my computer.

Drag strip action: 12.25@117.7mph. Full street trim including Conti DWS tires that are not very sticky. I only got two passes that didn't involve MAJOR wheel spin. I am sure I can go deep[i/] elevens with drag radials and better track prep.

Video proof:

12.25@117.7mph
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=95pp3t&s=5

12.91@118.9mph
http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2zdu72b&s=5

Now for the important part, the price.

$5000.

That's less than the cost of the parts.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.