TimmyC ported throttle bodies.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, TimmyC ported throttle bodies. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; The other thread posted compels me to spill the beans on my newest product. Ported throttle bodies! The stock tb ...
    TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

TimmyC ported throttle bodies.

The other thread posted compels me to spill the beans on my newest product. Ported throttle bodies!

The stock tb is 80mm and there are no larger replacements available. I take the stock throttle body, bore it out to 85mm, and manufacture a new blade to fit the larger diameter. I've had one on my car for a couple thousand miles with no issues and there are a couple guys from the forum that have them too. I did not test one on a stock car, but gains increase with more blower speed on modded cars.

I'm on vacation right now so I don't have any pics. I'll post some when I get back.

Price is $399 with a refundable $100 core charge for your tb. I have one here for exchange too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Re: TimmyC ported throttle bodies.

Smh...I think I just need to set up my direct deposit to your account :/

Sounds good to me!

I've got a bunch more products to test when I get back. headed to the grand canyon with my V right now. We're in des moines tonight. witchita tomorrow, then amarillo, then flagstaff. Jamie, where you at?

Sombitch! I'm in Dallas now. Enjoy your vacation - I saw I black V on 35 on our way in Wednesday afternoon.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Sounds good to me!

I've got a bunch more products to test when I get back. headed to the grand canyon with my V right now. We're in des moines tonight. witchita tomorrow, then amarillo, then flagstaff. Jamie, where you at?
    You have email!!

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

I have a TimC throttle Body on my car.... had it for about a month now.... with the other mods, exhaust, intake, heat exchanger/pump, thermostat, upper and lower blower pulleys.... the throttle body is the last mob so far and it seemed to offer the biggest gains in rev time and seat of the pants feeling. I still have to install the BAP and then a tune.... The TB works like a charm.... I like it

creno is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post

Any chance you're working on a drone-free, affordable exhaust? Getting ready to put something together now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zzapp View Post
    I have a TimC throttle Body on my car.... had it for about a month now.... with the other mods, exhaust, intake, heat exchanger/pump, thermostat, upper and lower blower pulleys.... the throttle body is the last mob so far and it seemed to offer the biggest gains in rev time and seat of the pants feeling. I still have to install the BAP and then a tune.... The TB works like a charm.... I like it
    Always good to hear from satisfied customers!

Quote Originally Posted by creno View Post
    Any chance you're working on a drone-free, affordable exhaust? Getting ready to put something together now.
    I may do something there but I really like how quiet my car is. I've been in it for two straight days now. I've done that with my Corvette and this is WAY better. I'm thinking about some kind of dual mode system like 2008+ Vettes are available with. Best of both worlds so to speak.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

ill have my timmyc, throttle body, intake and pulley installed and tuned in three weeks, cant wait!

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    The tb is the same on all rwd n* correct. This should for the n/a n* STS and XLR too.

That's right. I don't recommend them for 05 or 06 STSs because a small tune change is required and those two models are not supported by the big tuning software companies. V-series cars are all supported. They use a different computer.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

if i read that last post correctly, the throttle bodies from the 4.6 north* and the 4.4 are the same?

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

TimmyC,
    If I installed the TB and the intake you have designed, would I need a tune immediately, or could I install them and still drive the car and get the tune done within a few days? I would love to get W4M to do a tune, but I would want everything installed before I did that. My son is a mechanic, so doing the work isn't the issue, it's driving to Indiana for the tune.

Bob

Bob,

I don't see why you couldn't drive it to W4M if you drive sensibly. The changes aren't that drastic. I wouldn't beat on it tho.

Where in Naperville are you? I'm near Fox Valley Mall.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    TimmyC,
    If I installed the TB and the intake you have designed, would I need a tune immediately, or could I install them and still drive the car and get the tune done within a few days? I would love to get W4M to do a tune, but I would want everything installed before I did that. My son is a mechanic, so doing the work isn't the issue, it's driving to Indiana for the tune.

Bob
    The tb might be ok but the intake requires an immediate tune. The maf housing is so much bigger than stock that you'll be super lean and I don't think the trims can compensate that far.

I have an electronic module that you can borrow that would allow you to drive the car to get it tuned. I tested it on my car. just make a $150 deposit when you pay for the other stuff and I'll refund it when I get the module back.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.