Bluetooth Issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Bluetooth Issues in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Been having issues with the V's bluetooth lately, wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen or if ...
    joex1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Bluetooth Issues

Been having issues with the V's bluetooth lately, wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen or if there's a setting I can change to fix this?

When I make outgoing calls, everything is fine. The radio mutes when I make the call and stays muted until it's over.

When the phone rings for an incoming call, the radio mutes when the incoming call popup comes up, but as soon as I hit answer, whether on the phone or the car screen, the radio comes back on. It plays the call through the speakers too but you can't hear it with the music on and it gets the other person angry to hear music blasting. The volume and mute buttons only control the call volume, so you can turn the phone audio up or down with them but either way the music stays on. Looked through the settings and found nothing about this.

Searched on Bluetooth but found nothing relevant.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I know what you are talking about, happens to me about every 5th time. Doesn't seem to have it happen enduring so I'm not sure why it happens. No one on the other side ever say they can hear my music though.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

Re: Bluetooth Issues

Yeah this is a known issue with these Bluetooths (Vs and regular STS). There is a firmware upgrade for the Nav., but unfortunately it doesn't seem to help. I don't think there was ever a real fix. It seems to be worse with some phones.

fast_lane10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS - V

happens to me too once in a while ...along with the car not connecting to my phone automatically. Manually selecting the car as source on the phone mutes the music for me . I talked to dealer about these issues and iphone is not considered as supported device so they cant help with it.

joex1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

What are the supported devices, all flip phones from 2006? LOL

Dave G is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

My only complaint is the phone and V not automatically connecting.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

had a similar issue with bluetooth on another car using a zune.If i am using an app AND listening to music thru my zune, folks calling couldnt connect at all---try turning oof all apps ad see what happens

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

Mine does the exact same thing. It is very frustrating. I have forgotten about this problem, because I don't use it for these reasons. But now Ohio passed the law about no cell phones being used as you drive. It goes in enforcement tomorrow. Oh well

mcflury is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V platinum

I use to have this exact problem when I used a Mytouch 2 finally switch to an Iphone and it never happened again. The Mytouch would not connect at all when I used the remote start feature the Iphone will half the time. Sometimes when I feel the headunit is overloaded and I place a call the speaker will emit a loud high pitch sound This happen all the time with the Mytouch not so much with the Iphone but it happens

goryr88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

you guys know if you can stream audio over bluetooth, like pandora or slacker from your phone to the audio system?

No you can't. It doesn't support the newer media audio Bluetooth connection. You have to use the RCA jacks for the input.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Something interesting that the V does support via bluetooth, which I learned about accidentally, is the "Voice memo" feature on the iPhone. If I play back a voice memo on my iphone while in the car, it automatically plays it through the car's bluetooth/speakers just like a call.

Vampyre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V Black over Black!

I am surprised a new flash update would not fix this... the problem seems to be a 100% software related.

Agreed. And they've only had one SW update and that came out years ago. I don't think they care too much about fixing past car issues at this point. At least not ones that are only annoying.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Having an issue with my bluetooth as of recently. I use bluetooth for phone calls and with google maps. Let's say it's google maps. When the girl gives me a command, like "exit in 2 miles" or whatever, my music will cut off, but i won't hear her say it, then my music will cut back on. Also, during phone calls, I can't hear when someone is trying to talk to me, but they can hear me. The car recognizes the sound coming out, so it stops my music, but I don't hear anything. I use an iphone 5 which is fully upgraded although this shouldn't matter as I didn't use to have this problem with this same phone. The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is I went in on a 3 month free trial of OnStar. Phone isn't on mute or anything. Car sat all last night with the battery disconnected on an unrelated issue, and today the problem is still there. I've restarted the iphone too. No dice. Any other troubleshooting ideas?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.