Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Bluetooth Issues

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Guy.Seminerio 
#1 ·
Been having issues with the V's bluetooth lately, wondering if anyone else is having the same thing happen or if there's a setting I can change to fix this?

When I make outgoing calls, everything is fine. The radio mutes when I make the call and stays muted until it's over.

When the phone rings for an incoming call, the radio mutes when the incoming call popup comes up, but as soon as I hit answer, whether on the phone or the car screen, the radio comes back on. It plays the call through the speakers too but you can't hear it with the music on and it gets the other person angry to hear music blasting. The volume and mute buttons only control the call volume, so you can turn the phone audio up or down with them but either way the music stays on. Looked through the settings and found nothing about this.

Searched on Bluetooth but found nothing relevant.

#4 ·
happens to me too once in a while ...along with the car not connecting to my phone automatically. Manually selecting the car as source on the phone mutes the music for me . I talked to dealer about these issues and iphone is not considered as supported device so they cant help with it.

#9 ·
I use to have this exact problem when I used a Mytouch 2 finally switch to an Iphone and it never happened again. The Mytouch would not connect at all when I used the remote start feature the Iphone will half the time. Sometimes when I feel the headunit is overloaded and I place a call the speaker will emit a loud high pitch sound This happen all the time with the Mytouch not so much with the Iphone but it happens

#12 ·
Something interesting that the V does support via bluetooth, which I learned about accidentally, is the "Voice memo" feature on the iPhone. If I play back a voice memo on my iphone while in the car, it automatically plays it through the car's bluetooth/speakers just like a call.

#15 ·
Having an issue with my bluetooth as of recently. I use bluetooth for phone calls and with google maps. Let's say it's google maps. When the girl gives me a command, like "exit in 2 miles" or whatever, my music will cut off, but i won't hear her say it, then my music will cut back on. Also, during phone calls, I can't hear when someone is trying to talk to me, but they can hear me. The car recognizes the sound coming out, so it stops my music, but I don't hear anything. I use an iphone 5 which is fully upgraded although this shouldn't matter as I didn't use to have this problem with this same phone. The only thing I can think of that has changed recently is I went in on a 3 month free trial of OnStar. Phone isn't on mute or anything. Car sat all last night with the battery disconnected on an unrelated issue, and today the problem is still there. I've restarted the iphone too. No dice. Any other troubleshooting ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.