i think my dealing is lying.. opinions
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, i think my dealing is lying.. opinions in Cadillac V-Series Forums; i just called and got info on getting another oil change with them. the price has risen 10 for them ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i think my dealing is lying.. opinions

i just called and got info on getting another oil change with them. the price has risen 10 for them mobile one oil, which given the current economy im not suprised at that. however, the adviser toldme i dont need mobile oneand he suggested using some valvoline stuff that "is the exact same" but is 69 instead of 95. given the 10k oils changes and the fact i do drive my car, im thinking the mobile one is the better choice. does anyone know if there is any truth to the statement that he made about the other product being the same?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Re: i think my dealing is lying.. opinions

IMO, it's not as good as Mobil 1. The GM dealers now recommend GM dexos. Many brands fall under this category but the dexos requirement is a minimum requirement. Valvoline does not happen to be one of the dexos oils listed. I believe Mobil 1 exceeds the minimum dexos requirements. I would stay with Mobil 1 or Amsoil in the weight specified for the vehicle. Here are a couple of useful sites. Hope this helps.

http://www.gmdexos.com/home.html

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Valvoline is shit dont even put that crap in my lawnmower

C66 Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (sold)

They are not the "exact same". Debatable which one is better. Both Valvoline and Mobil 1 make oils that meet GM's current oil spec, dexos1. But, Valvoline makes many variations of oils and I'd be hesitant to lay down money without knowing which one. I haven't looked at the price of Valvoline's SynPower Full Synthetic but I'd be very surprised to see that much of a price delta between the two.

AMSOIL does make several synthetic oils that meet GM's dexos1 spec, but in a V, I'd chose the best which is what I used in my 06 CTS-V which was my daily driver from 06-09:
    AMSOIL Signature Series 100% Synthetic 5w30 (Product Code ASLQT)

If you are interested, more than happy to get AMSOIL products for forum members at dealer wholesale pricing, about 25% below retail, via the AMSOIL Preferred Customer Program. Drop me a PM if interested.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I have ran Royal Purple in mine since I have had her. If they had a tranny fluid that worked I would have it too.

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Just stick with the M1.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

thanks guys, thats what i was thinking, just wanted some others input since i dont have the time or the desire to follow the oil market close enough to know the difference. he did say "look on the car, it has the same things in it" good sales pitch, lol

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    M1 for my V

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.