Looking to buy! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Looking to buy! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I own a 2007 STS V with 45000 miles. [QUOTE=lpm;3048061]Hi, I am new to this forum and am looking to ...
    glcypears12 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS v

Re looking buy

I own a 2007 STS V with 45000 miles.

[QUOTE=lpm;3048061]Hi, I am new to this forum and am looking to get into a performance luxury car. Currently I h
    ave an e46 325xi, which is an OK car....but not one of any superlatives. What scares me most about it, is that as it nears 100k it is slowly falling apart, and my brothers audi a4 has been the least reliable car my family has ever owned and it doesn't even have 80k on it. Meanwhile my other brother has owned a suburban for 170k miles with no major: the ac-compressor went last month and it has gone through a couple of window regulators and a wheel hub...that's it. And my mother owns an xlr and the interior and looks are first class. So, being in the market for a performance luxury can I immediatly turned towards BMW and the m3/550i, but my experiance with german reliabilty steered me away. GM quality/simplicity/performance drew me towards their products, and I looked at g8's and suburbans, but the exclusivity factor was not there. Then I remembered the sts-v and was instantly drawn, but no car is perfect, and I have a few questions.

I would probably be looking at an 07 with no warranty(50-60k miles).

-I really wish they came with ls2/3/7/a's instead of the N* 4.4 s/c....I try to do all the work on cars my self and I image parts are hard to come by inexpensively for an engine that maybe 5k were made?

-With a car of such limited production and so many gizmo's I image electrical bugs are an issue, you can tell GM never really refined the electrics in my mothers XLR as it will do weired things. I can fix mechanical issues, but electrical components are a little scarier to me.

- I would LIKE to spend under 20k, but could stretch to 22-23 if it is the exact one I want

-Are their any common issues that happen at xx,xxx mileage, or maintanance that should have been done on the car by that time?

-I am OK with around 16 combined on premium and 9 quarts of mobil one, as my

Vampyre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V Black over Black!

Re: Looking to buy!

I got my 2007 STS-V with 45K miles on it and so far no issues, I love the car, it has tons of power and drives very well, I get about 18mpg all around.

You can find a nice one, but it takes a lot of looking and searching. You should be able to grab a 2006 for 20K, but might be a few bucks short for a 2007,
    but that depends on the miles. I would look for a lower mile car, in your price range...

If you are able to turn a wrench , this car is no different then another, Electrical issues can be a problem, but I have been lucky so far with nothing
    needing service.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.