HP Tuners Tunes?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By PGA2B
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, HP Tuners Tunes? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I am getting an HP Tuner next week. Can tunes be sent by email? Where do you get them? Do ...
    idorace@comcast.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

HP Tuners Tunes?

I am getting an HP Tuner next week. Can tunes be sent by email? Where do you get them? Do people charge you for them? I know I can do all of the tuning myself, but I would like a safe tune to start with and then learn the programer and software. I can tune a carburetor to a tee, but the electronic stuff is new to me. I am good with computer although. I also know it can be complicated and you can damage the car.

Jeff

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

Re: HP Tuners Tunes?

Ok there's a lot to learn, I just got my HPtune Pro so I'll tell you all I know which won't take long Lol...

You should have 8 GM credits and you'll have to use 2 of them just to be able to read and adjust your current tune in your cars ECM. You can go tune the HP tune repository and see some of the tunes uploaded there. It will cost you 2 more credits to use someones tune if you try to straight load it into your ECM. However you can down load a tune for free then copy&paste the parts you like into your tune, no credit cost (free). Yes you can email a tune, but if you want to use it, it will cost 2 credits, or you can just copy&paste the parts of the tune you like.

When you get your Tuner play with it and you'll see what I mean... Use "compare" to see the diff in 2 tunes.

I highly suggest reading your stock tune and saving an un-altered version... Happy hunting

Oh yea you may want to get a Airfuel reader/wide band O2 sensor, without one you're shooting in the dark... Summit has the NGK-91101 and its $50 off right now....

idorace@comcast.net is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Ok Im slow where is the repository.

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

Ok when you get the HP Tune you'll get a registration number and login... once you are registered you can log into HP Tune forum, and the tune repository... but you have to get the HP Tune first....

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

It is on HP Tuner.com on the right side. Log in and you will find it.

06 STS Rob is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 STS V, had 06 V6 STS

So...am I understanding this right, each time you change the tune of the registered vehicle, it costs 2 credits?

AriGold. is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I bought HP Tuners pro and Powerdex AFX.

Check this thread out. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...t-tuned-3.html

Rob, Once you have spent the 2 credits on your car with that hptuner then its yours. You don't have to spend 2 credits each time you use it.

Ok, so let's say I spend 2 credits on my V. I enter in a tune provided by a forum member that changes trans and a/f as done in the link. The HP tuner comes with 8 credits... This means I can now use 2 credits to register my Dad's C6 Corvette and enter a tune for his as well since it's in the same catagory on HP's site. This leaves me with 4 more credits available and I still have the ability to change the tune on both vehicles as many times as I want?

Sorry, just trying to get a clear picture. I'm torn between just having my V tuned at a local dyno shop or purchasing my own HP Tuner and working with forum members to tune the trans a/f until I have more work done to the car.

Just to let you know where I'm at with the car now...I've ordered Tim C's intake and MAF plug in. Just looking for the next upgrade and from what I hear, a tune would be a great way to go.

boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

here is your answer.

you buy hp tuners.
    you use 2 credits to register your car
    you change the tune YOURSELF WITHOUT USING ANYONE ELSES!!! free to you to do. IF YOU UPLOAD SOMEONE ELSES TUNE you use 2 more credits.
    you upload your fathers corvette 2 credits
    you tune it yourself, free. you use a tune alrdy uploaded into the form you use 2 additional credits.

so if your smart about it and copy/paste the information needed in the tune and DONT JUST UPLOAD THE ENTIRE TUNE, you only use 2 credits per vechile. HOWEVER!!! if you use someone elses tune and just upload tht tune into your car you now use 4 credits per car.

follow?

GOT IT! Thanks for putting that in English boomsy10 That makes sense now. The downloading tunes is where I was getting lost.
    Now I just have to talk Pop's into paying for half of the unit and I'm golden!

Ludacrisvp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS4 V8 F55 1SG Euro tails & 01 Monte SS Pace Car
    Why does it cost more credits to use someone else's tune?
    If thats the case Couldn't you just read / open their tune and manually copy the changes to "your" tune file?

Yes, that's what he's saying... Copy and pasting someone's tune is free, if you download someone's tune directly your charged credits. At least, that's how I understand it to be.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Read YOUR car and register it. That is 2 credits. Then you load yours and use the compare function to load someone else's. Then you can view comparison log and right click to copy over differences. All for only 2 credits.

If you are still confused or need additional help PM me your phone number and I'll call you and walk you through it.
    Ludacrisvp and Ludacrisvp like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.