transmission cooler line leaking
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, transmission cooler line leaking in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I recently purchased a 2007 STS V with 36,000 miles, a couple of days ago I started noticing a small ...
    chevySS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V

transmission cooler line leaking

I recently purchased a 2007 STS V with 36,000 miles, a couple of days ago I started noticing a small puddle of oil under the front passenger side of the car after further inspection it was transmission fluid that appears to be coming from the radiator. I read of earlier CTS models having a problem with cooler lines pulling out of the radiator and causing lots of damage like smoking the transmission completely. Has anyone else had this problem, or if anyone has any input I would appreciate it. I will be doing the work myself so taking it to the dealership is kind of out of the question, besides I hate paying them to do somthing I know I can do, and I have no extended warranty, thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    It is oil leaking? Black or pink in color?

Re: transmission cooler line leaking

Its red deffinetly transmission fluid.

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I would get under there and check it out. My radiator blew (or so I was told that was what went wrong) and ended up destroying my tranny.

It all started with a few drops of fluid. Didn't think anything of it because it had just been at the dealer for an oil change. Lucky I'm under warranty but was told when all said and done it would have been $8000+

Ok thanks thats what i figured, i should have kept my silverado SS over 100,000 miles and no problems. Anyone know where to get a cheap radiator fpr an 07?

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED
    So you have a warranty but searching for parts?

No I don't have a warranty the car currently has 40,000 miles with no extended warranty.

OIC, I misread your post, I have a 09, my radiator was replaced around 40K. I noticed a couple small drops which prompted me to take it in.

sorry didnt mean to be so short im just frustrated with my situation I've only put 4,000 miles at the most on this car and have already put two new tire pressure sensors on it and now a radiator not to mention a $791.00 annual registration fee for the state of Iowa, I guess it could be worse. What better way to get familiar with it than to start working on it.

silver sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V

I use this cooler in a high HP drag car with a TH400 that gets VERY hot when going rounds - well, it used to get hot. It may fit the Caddy too as long as the lines are the same size or you get the necessary AN adaptors.

I have a Kenworth fuel cooler in front of my radiator to cool my trans fluid and it works like a charm - comes with AN lines and can be mounted about anywhere you have air flow. Cost was under 150 bucks too.

On a 3300 lb car going high 8's it can get VERY hot once you start going rounds and my trans never gets over 170 even on a 95 degree day.

Not too sure what the need is on the STS but if this fits into the trans I would definitely use it as an alternative. Oh, our racing trannies are over 4K so we do care about cooling efficiency.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by chevySS View Post
    No I don't have a warranty the car currently has 40,000 miles with no extended warranty.
    I didn't take it that; but with these type (cars that are 30K and up new) of cars I always buy with a warranty cause even simple stuff is $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.