Help, how do I get these off?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By PGA2B
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Help, how do I get these off? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; How do you get the side markers off the car, the red ones on the side of the rear bumper, ...
    choigilligan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Help, how do I get these off?

How do you get the side markers off the car, the red ones on the side of the rear bumper, and the orange ones on the front bumper, can you pry them out? Do you come at them from under the bumpers, I put a flat head screw driver up in there but was afraid I'd break something so I stopped.

I want them off so I can tint them with some Nightshade.

Also how do you get the reverse lights off, do they pop out or do you have to go at them from inside the trunk.

While we're on the tinting subject does anyone have pictures of their tail lights that have been tinted, not sure if I want to do it until I see a picture.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    If the side markers are anything like others it is going to be a PITA! They most likely snap into the holder. Your best bet is to buy some to replace them. Tint those and screw/break the old ones out. That was the easiest way to get mine out in the Audi.

Then again the front ones have a light bulb in them so screwing into it might not be the best idea.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: Help, how do I get these off?

You can get to both sets from under the lens. On the rears stick you hand up there and find the tab to push and they will pop right out. The fronts are the same but you have to drop the belly pan. I have put night shades on both of my sets and the rear back up light.

P.S. The rears back up lights come out from inside the trunk. There are a couple of bolts holding them in. I think they are 10mm.
    choigilligan and choigilligan like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.