Intercooler pump issues - maybe???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Intercooler pump issues - maybe??? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I have an 06 STS-V with 57,000 miles and the only mod is a full Spectre Intake which I have ...
    ZRide is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Intercooler pump issues - maybe???

I have an 06 STS-V with 57,000 miles and the only mod is a full Spectre Intake which I have had on for over a year. The car still launches well but the top end seems to be down on power and the shifts seem quite delayed under WOT. My initial thought was maybe the intercooler pump wasn't working.

First question - is there a relatively easy way to see if the intercooler pump is working?

Second question - Is there is something else I should be looking at that would cause the issues I described?

Thanks for your help,
    Travis

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

1madstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 99 c5 frc 78 z

Re: Intercooler pump issues - maybe???

If you get under the car and take off the under tray you can hear the pump run. Also if you look in the fill tube you should see the coolant moving. ? Did you tune for the intake if not I would start their. And also it's summer and it's hot. You could loose 20-40hp just from high temps with a boosted car like this. The car will pull timing to save its self if it's getting hot/ not tuned right.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

It can pull up to 15* or more of timing depending on heat and in the big D I KNOW it gets hot!! Look for the coolant flowing like Ryan said and you can hear the pump running with the engine on but you have to really listen for it from the front of the car. Other than that you would need the ability to scan the car to see what is going on.

Thanks for the feedback guys. The car has not been tuned but it is on my list of to do's when I get the funds together. I haven't spent a lot of time under the car except for oil changes. Where exactly is the pump/under tray located? I am assuming passenger side???

Thanks again.

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

The intake air coolant pump is dead center mounted on a front engine cradle cross member between the radiator and engine.. once you take the plastic under pan off you'll see it...

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

I stand corrected, the air charge cooling pump is where I stated, however you do not have to remove the plastic cover to see it. There are two tear drop shape holes in the cover, look in the passenger side hole and you'll be looking at the bottum of the pump... happy hunting....

Quote Originally Posted by Zzapp View Post
    I stand corrected, the air charge cooling pump is where I stated, however you do not have to remove the plastic cover to see it. There are two tear drop shape holes in the cover, look in the passenger side hole and you'll be looking at the bottum of the pump... happy hunting....

Got it, thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.