dang 05 ctsv..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, dang 05 ctsv.. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I got walked by an 05 ctsv, which aparently is stck with an ls6. He only had a mass air ...
    boomys10 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

dang 05 ctsv..

I got walked by an 05 ctsv, which aparently is stck with an ls6. He only had a mass air meter, untuned. Very uncool, anyone else ran one of these, not sure if mine is running well after the cool air intake and muffler delete.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: dang 05 ctsv..

I've got the cure....

i know. ill be getting it soon enough. gotta wait til i get time off work and meetings. cant just pack up for a weekend and leave, itd cost me way to much for that..

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Wow, even a gen 1 CTS-V is quicker than us? Yikes!

cstarky15 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    Wow, even a gen 1 CTS-V is quicker than us? Yikes!
    at least our cars look 100x better then first gen cts-v's!

Vampyre is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V Black over Black!

Hmm, according to most reviews, they appear to run 0 to 60mph from 4.8 to 5.0, same as the sts-v, but on this site the sts-v is faster.
    http://www.zeroto60times.com/Cadilla...mph-Times.html

i beat him from a dig, pulled pretty good actually. however, as soon as he hit 3rd, he was gone. somehow i beat alot of things from a dig, they end up winning but i won at some point. lol.

PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Maybe he had more done to the car than you know about. Some of those 6.0 gen 1 V's running around have a magnacharger strapped on, you never know.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Remember, weight=HP. The advertised weight for the CTS V is 3850 and the STS V is 4300. Generally these are dry weights. Advertised clock times for 0-60 states the CTS V as a couple of tenths faster and ¼ mile time for the STS V is a couple of tenths quicker than the CTS V. Mileage, wear and tear, fuel and a host of other factors can change a cars performance from when the car was delivered. A fresh engine build will generally run faster than a car with 75,000 miles on it (stock for stock). That being said, now for the real world. Street racing is a “run what you brung” game. It’s very easy to add 100 HP in engine mods and when you open the hood it looks bone stock, especially with a naturally aspirated engine. In stock vs stock configurations, the 05 CTS V shouldn’t have “walked” away from you. A car or two tops, depending on conditions and drivers. Actually, wheel hop of the CTS V should have been a serious problem for him and give you an advantage from the dig. I’d say the CTS V wasn’t “stock”, just looked that way. Ligenfelter (and others) has some nice test proven packages for the LS6 which can add significant HP gains and still appear stock. You might want to run a stock STS V and see how you do. Your mods may have actually made your car run slower. When making random mods, you should make changes one at a time and verify by dyno or actual track times that it made an improvement.
    If you want to spank that CTS V, TimmyC can get you there, however you can’t win them all! For me, I’ll stay stock.

ill be going to see timmy shortly and not trying to win them all. just this one. lol. i know the limitations and am fine with it. i dont trust any shop around here to dyno or to tune my car so i just have to deal for now. lol.

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

I agree with STS LC3, back in the day when I used to street race for $$$$ former life :-). We would do mega internal motor mods including upgraded cam mild enough to sound stock, ported heads, do internal mods to the carb and distrubtor, trany, and rear end gears, maybe add headers, and say its stock... even open the hood for inspection.... we would even sand bag the race to sucker you into another one, for more money of course....

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

Ive even seen an intake manifold with a nitrus system plummed on the underside where the nozzles are drilled and tapped on the lifter valley side of the manifold and the hoses ran over the top of the trans bell housing. A false compartment under the dash hid the bottle, and the nitrus was activated on the stock horn button....

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

I had first gen cts-v and my butt dyno says it was a bit faster mods were K&N, B&M short throw, Corsa, W4M tune.
    Sts-v only stage 1+2 spectre. but I would take the Sts-v over first gen all day.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfLacs View Post
    I had first gen cts-v and my butt dyno says it was a bit faster mods were K&N, B&M short throw, Corsa, W4M tune.
    Sts-v only stage 1+2 spectre. but I would take the Sts-v over first gen all day.
    I guess you call that seat of the pants racing. Been there/done that. PN Large, Medium, Small

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Went up against one of the new 2012 Lexus IS-F series cars this morning. 416hp and 0-60 listed at 4.6sec. Guy pulled next to me at the light, looked over and gunned the gas a few times. I patiently waited for the light, beat him hands down on the green and let him catch up a time or two, but consistently stayed a full car length ahead. Never really felt like I hit full throttle, but he finally backed down tucked in behind me for a few miles. Guess he never figured a Caddy would beat him. Man, I love this car! 2006 with 72K and it still impresses me every time I decide to have a little fun!

Bob
    STS LC3 and STS LC3 like this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.