A "rental"?? Ouch!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, A "rental"?? Ouch! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Im new to the forum, so hello. With so many of these cars coming off warranty, I'd like to say ...
    colleyt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Im new to the forum, so hello. With so many of these cars coming off warranty, I'd like to say thanks to members like TimmyC, PGA2B, PNBLWZD, Wait4Me and even 550 (despite being a complete tool). Your contributions to this tiny group of enthusiasts is appreciated and became a determining factor for joining the club. I plan on compensating for a lack of GM experience with my unquestionable good taste

Anyways, moving on.......

My girlfriend couldn't understand why I've been looking for a 5-6 year old Cadillac and suddenly took interest in what I was replacing my LR3 with. When I showed her a stock photo of an STS-V online she uttered these dreadful words, "IT LOOKS LIKE A RENTAL CAR." It suddenly dawned on me that despite its power and epic sleeper status, every straight female under 135 lbs will just see a boring sedan. It doesn't weigh much on my decision but it got me wondering......

1. What reactions do STS-V owners get with this car considering the average person hasn't heard of them let alone seen one??? (I even had someone try and correct me - "oh you mean a *C*TS-V right?")

2. Which leads me to my next question; Besides the obvious "rims" answer, what mods seem to resonate the most with those who question your love of this car? (ie. I'm guessing a suede headliner will suppress the grandpa feel of the interior)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: A "rental"?? Ouch!

No one thinks my car is a rental. I get stares and comments all the time. You might want to think about getting a new girlfriend.
    BlownV, BlownV, parkeraire and 5 others like this.

Zzapp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS-V mine and 2010 CTS wife's

I've gotten lots of complements on my STSV and its bone stock in appearance except for the custom exhaust and tinted windows. My wife has a 2010 CTS luxury model she likes my car better than hers. My female cousin likes it too and she didn't even know its a caddy... She likes it better than her 2009 Jag xj.... Its all a matter of taste I'd say someone close to you has none.... Just saying...

I cut her slack because she's European and a bit of a ball buster.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

I catch people staring at it all the time! Mostly guys but a few women too. I get a ton of thumbs up and nice car.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

I wouldn’t show her a stock photo; they don’t do any justice for the car. Look at some of the members photos. If she likes fast cars, take one for a test ride with her passenger seat. Provided you know how to handle a 400+ HP car, find a clear stretch of road, turn the traction control off, put the shifter in sport mode and nail it from a 5 mph roll. It’s impressive. If she still doesn’t like it, get the V, loose the GF. Outstanding replacement(s) will be along soon. Good luck. NOTE: the V doesn’t do well on beach sand.
    parkeraire and parkeraire like this.

STS LC3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V Raven Black-Ebony/Tango Red

Quote Originally Posted by STS LC3 View Post
    I wouldn’t show her a stock photo; they don’t do any justice for the car. Look at some of the members photos. If she likes fast cars, take one for a test ride with her passenger seat. Provided you know how to handle a 400+ HP car, find a clear stretch of road, turn the traction control off, put the shifter in sport mode and nail it from a 5 mph roll. It’s impressive. If she still doesn’t like it, get the V, loose the GF. Outstanding replacement(s) will be along soon. Good luck. NOTE: the V doesn’t do well on beach sand.
    lose...sorry

Dave G is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I'm new to the STS-V...

I still consider it to be one of the sexier (sexiest) sedans ever built. I'm still blown away by the interior.

Rental - shall I suggest your GF looks like a rental?

mjs182004 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 Brougham d' Elegance, 06 STS-V

I get complements all the time, and when they ask what year, i tell them it's an 06. They can't believe it's a 6 year old car.

Fierofiend is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by mjs182004 View Post
    I get complements all the time, and when they ask what year, i tell them it's an 06. They can't believe it's a 6 year old car.
    I very recently got asked if my 08 was the new 2012 supercharged CTS hes been hearing about. He was shocked when I told him it was an 08, and has been around since 06. I often get asked why someone in their 20s buys a Cadillac and have to explain what the car is really about....

mikey06d3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 CADILLAC STS-V

I owned my sts-v for about 7 months now and not one person knows what this car is . Every Single person thinks its the V2 . In the life-spand of owning this car i had about 20-30 people tell me is that a cts-v .....

US STS-V OWNERS OWN ONE OF THE MOST EXCLUSIVE CARS IN THE WORLD IN MY OPINION .....

consider out of every hundred people 1 or 2 people will get it right .....GOT TO LOVE HOW RARE THESE CARS ARE !!!!!!
    KellyE and KellyE like this.

BlownV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

People also think mine is a V2 CTS-V all the time. But I get compliments every week on the car even when I can't get around to washing her for a week or two (shame on me). I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago, where there are plenty of exotics rolling around the strip, and still got thumbs up from tons of people. My favorite part is that it doesn't matter the age...teenagers to grandpas...they all seem to respect the class associated with this car. And being 25 years old and driving a sedan that gets compliments from teenagers driving rice rockets is pretty rare.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

I get that all the time "Nice CTS-V" or "Is that the new CTS-V?" My license plate reads "STS V 1", and yet they still don't believe me until they see the badging. Mine is over 6 years old (7 in Dec.) and she still looks (almost) as good as the day I picked her up. Love this car.

Bob

Thx for the interesting feedback, seems like you guys have had similar experiences. Most people know the car is different/special but don't necessarily know what it is? Should have mine very soon.

@LC3 cant say if I'm a good driver but i can say the V won't be the fastest (or 2nd fastest) car in my garage. Nonetheless, her knee jerk reaction to the car was funny and thought I'd share

@DaveG Unless it ran on vegetable oil, nobody under 75 in Los Angeles would call a Cadillac "classy" and that's EXACTLY why I'm getting one!! A supercharged V8 that gets 15mpg is about as welcome here as an F150 with an American Flag paint job in N. Vietnam. If you think I'm joking, park an Escalade at Gelsons in West Hollywood and see how long it takes for somebody to dig their Prius key along the side. No joke!

@DaveG
    Your praise of the interior surprises me. I love many things about the STS-V but thats not one of them. Cheap materials / poor craftsmanship compared to other $70k cars like my audi
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.