Did i mess my car up? Need your guys info!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Did i mess my car up? Need your guys info! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Got my car tuned by jesse and it was running great then the dtc code po172&po175 popped up, got a ...
    Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

Did i mess my car up? Need your guys info!

Got my car tuned by jesse and it was running great then the dtc code po172&po175 popped up, got a new maf sensor new 02 sensors and still running rich.So i bought a new coolant sensor and took out the old one and try to put the new one in but the new senor does not fit. I put the old sensor back in and now i got po135 code and i can't clear it what should i do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Re: Did i mess my car up? Need your guys info!

Sounds like the right side (Passenger) O2 is bad. The other codes might be from your intake coming loose somewhere, although that usually results in lean codes. Maybe Jesse put the wrong MAF curve in there.

Edit: p0135 is an O2 code. P0315 is crank sensor position learn code. The sensor might be going bad.

Psycho-albanian is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS_V

He might have. That po315 code has me worried cause i can't clear it with my scanner and that code comes up as crank code.

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Also look over where you were changing the sensor and make sure you didn't knock off another harness from the crank sensor.

Tim- pretty sure it was dyno tuned... He should of had issues on the way home if the wrong MAF adjustments were made.

You could always swap O2's and see if the issue follows the suspect sensor.

Another reason I am really glad I have HP Tuner to see what is going on with the scanner.

torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

this is your expert guy??

TimmyC is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 SLS and Turbo 07 STS-V-Now back to Supercharged

Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    Also look over where you were changing the sensor and make sure you didn't knock off another harness from the crank sensor.

Tim- pretty sure it was dyno tuned... He should of had issues on the way home if the wrong MAF adjustments were made.

You could always swap O2's and see if the issue follows the suspect sensor.

Another reason I am really glad I have HP Tuner to see what is going on with the scanner.
    True, it should not have taken this long. He put the wrong code in the first post. p0135 instead of p0315. That's why I thought O2 sensor.

Then I would look over where I was to see what I bumped or knocked off.

Can't imagine that a leaking intake would cause a rich code though. Usually it causes a lean code. Maybe check for an exhaust leak too. But for me if I changed out a sensor and get a new code I am going to look over what I did to make sure I didn't knock off something else.

kbf250 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V

Is your ECM a new one? Usually PO315 is associated with installing a new ECM. It happened with my car
    and The only way I could clear it was by going to the dealer and have them perform a Crankshaft Variation
    Relearn. Unfortunately you need Tech 2 software to do this. Also the sensor is located beneath the supercharger.
    You can drive the car with this condition and it won't harm it according to my dealer. I just didn't push the car
    very hard under that condition.

Kirk

Actually you can do a C.A.S.E. learn with HP Tuners and EFI Live also.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.