what battery modeel for 2008 V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, what battery modeel for 2008 V in Cadillac V-Series Forums; well bought a new battery from NAPA for my V---when i went to install it, it didn fit right--theres an ...
    torched10 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 sts v, 2011EXT,65 GTO,08 vette,gt500

what battery modeel for 2008 V

well bought a new battery from NAPA for my V---when i went to install it, it didn fit right--theres an indentation on the front/bottom of the battery where the hold down clamp fits into--theres an indnetation about 3 in long and 1/2 in wide and high, that the hold down fits into. Went back to NAPA they didn have one--went to Caddy dealer and they couldnt even find the correct battery, ie one with the indnetation for the hold down clamp.What model battery are you guys using?? I dont want to drive the car w/o the correct hold down

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PGA2B is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven STS V

Re: what battery modeel for 2008 V

thanks alot--i saw that post but i was wondering if it will allow the hold down clamp to grab the bottom of the battery--i wont run w/o the clamp, it tends to degrade the battery with vibrations over time--so do you have one and is it clamped down thanks

sorry re read the post and looked at the PICs--it shows the hold down clamp--ill go look th eOptima today thanks

Ok bought the Optima 34R 78 battery--- i installed it myself beacuse i didnt want the risk of losing all my settings,so put voltage on the battery clips while taking out/putting in battery--auto zone told me not to worry, but didnt want to run the risk of losing power, Anyway, the battery is lower and narrower than the stock battery.So brought it back to AZ--- they went to a kit that comes with the battery,which i didnt even see in my battery package, and added a base to take it higher, and a unique clamp down that attaches the battery to the battery tray so it doesnt slide around,Then he used the hold down hockey puck to solidify the battery to the car. Frankly the whole process was a PITA. NAPA sold me a battery that couldnt be held down beacuse the puck actually usses an indentation in the case to hold the battery--- went to 2 cadillac dealers and they also didnt have and couldnt locate a battery designed like the OEM model 8542 in the cars--so after alot of research time, and info from forum memebers Im done I hope

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.