Aftermarket sub/amp install. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Aftermarket sub/amp install. in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I was in my garage list night looking for something and came accross a 10" SAS amplified Bazooka bass tube ...
    PNBLWZD is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 CTS-V Black Diamond Sedan, 09 CTS-V (sold), STS-V (sold)

Re: Aftermarket sub/amp install.

I was in my garage list night looking for something and came accross a 10" SAS amplified Bazooka bass tube that I forgot about, which came out of another vehicle we sold a few years ago. It wouildn't look as clean sitting in my trunk as replacing the stock 12" Bose, but it's just sitting in my garage doing nothing otherwise. Wonder how that would sound in the car, I seem to recall it was pretty boomy when added to the Bose in an SUV.

KingOfLacs is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, Stepside Chevy, 1966 Chevelle

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    Yes. The sub has the amp integrated into it so the signal is already low level. No need for a converter.
    Still need the converter cause the rca jack are needed for most amps

Quote Originally Posted by PNBLWZD View Post
    Kingoflacs, with your subs/box facing rearward, does it cause a lot of rattles on the trunk lid and license plate? Did you remove the factory 12" to allow more sound to come into the interior?
    yes you need to dynamat the trunk lid which does add weight but unless you want to sound like a ghetto rattle trap I would suggest doing it. On the Cts-V I did remove the bose but did not on the Sts. I didn't notice much of a difference and ran the same exact JL setup in both cars.

Quote Originally Posted by youknooow View Post
    Can we add tweeters to our setup?
    +1 for boomy he is correct PITA for what you get.

youknooow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V 1 OF 3 BLK ICE & TANGO RED

Quote Originally Posted by boomys10 View Post
    u can add whatever youd like to it. just be willing to do the work. the factory bose systems are 8ohm making them incompatiable with other options on the market. if you want to start getting into new speakers, your better off running a new system. front to back, replace it all. that said, all things are possible and adding a few tweeters for better treble can be accomplished its just a pain and the end result probably wont satisify you much.
    thnks, I wont be making any changes

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.